The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

sjg284

David, Steve - Thanks! Good to get out there again.. the temperatures were above 30F (barely) so I was motivated.

Lloyd

David, Steve - Thanks! Good to get out there again.. the temperatures were above 30F (barely) so I was motivated.
I too enjoyed those shots, Steve. I must say, I was impressed by all the snow, compared to my native Boston, I always thought New York, were I worked for a number of years, had relatively mild weather. Never in all my time there did I experience anything like what you've got now. Thanks for sharing.

sjg284

Thanks Lloyd, it's been quite the year. More flurries tonight but don't think we will be hitting the record (1 inch shy of snowiest January ever in NYC).

M8 & 50lux v1

This guy had some work to do

Bus stop.. snow is almost bus-size, you can see the people there for scale

It does bring a sort of calm over the city though..

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, it's been quite the year. More flurries tonight but don't think we will be hitting the record (1 inch shy of snowiest January ever in NYC).

M8 & 50lux v1
More great shots, Steve. Man, that ver 1 lux has a nice glow. :thumbup:

CharlesK

Daniel, thanks :) Stunning evening beach shot!!! Love your work with the WA.
Dan, Seakayaker, nice series of shots!
Dan Lindberg, superb shot! Simplicity in seeing the form and composition of the shot!
David, great WA shots again! Love #2 :)
Steve, very nice shots. The 50 Lux does have that beautiful glow to the shots :)

C

Cancelledreality

Wow guys, great images.

Here is an old one from me, as I do not have camera at the moment...:wtf:

M8 and 28 cron.

m_driscoll

Cold weekend spent indoors here.. a few shots from last night
m8 & 50lux pre-ash v1
This drink was.. complex.

and earlier in the week
m8 & 90 elmarit v1
Homemade Blood Orange Marmalade
Steve: Nice set of photos. I like this composition.:thumbup:

Had a tough day at work on Friday. Decided to get away early. Drove up on the foothills overlooking the valley just to sit and think. Was rewarded with quite a show. Totally unexpected, but it did make me feel better. Here's a sample.

M8, 90 Elmarit, 9 image stitch in PS5:
Lloyd: Thanks! :D Beautiful vista to contemplate on! :thumbup:

M8/35 'cron from today:

And a couple from yesterday, River Severn (and offshoot) between England and Wales:

Regards
Mike
Mike: The body language and facial expressions in this first one are great! Also, pretty landscapes. :thumbs:

Bill: Great catch! B & W's a good choice. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I've enjoyed all your new Noctilux photos, Jono, but this one especially speaks to me. The interplay between the in-focus and out-of-focus areas is inspiring.
Jono: +1! Shouldn't their positions be reversed? :thumbup:

Another from Friday. Opposite side of the valley.
M8, 90 Elmarit, Six shot stitch:
Lloyd: Inspiringly beautiful! :salute:

A fine one, Matt.
I had to do a double-take to be sure the one on the left (our left) wasn't a mannequin. Guess I should get out more.
David: Thanks! :D :thumbup: Maybe a little too much make-up?

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

LOVE this second one, David. Stellar!
(Also, you must have been awfully close to that roller coaster to get a shot like that first one with a 12mm!)
David: +1! I, also, esp. like this second one. :thumbup:

That's a beauty, Michael. Looks warm... a far cry from here just now. And, that look like they've got ample crew to sail that thing. :thumbup:
Michael: +1! Great light and color. :thumbup:

Here's one with the WATE using the 16mm setting.

David: You really make those wide angles sing! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Re: Few from the beach

Impressive work by all; I hope to achieve the skills that all of the contributors have since it can't be the or camera :D
90 f2 asph at f3.4:
at 2.8:
50 1.4 asph at 1.7, 1/4 sec:

Thanks for looking and for the inspiration!
Keith
Keith: Hard not to like the first two. :thumbs: This last is model-like with the low angle and the OOF foreground. Pretty cool. :cool:

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

OK! Catchup time.

Great sunsets Lloyd!
Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
Bill, amazing scene with so many birds :eek:
Keith, that looks like an amazing place to have a holiday :D well done on all 3 shots.
ace, excellent candid portraits, thanks for sharing!
I really like the mood on that shot with the 25 Skopar Mike, it's always good to try something different.
Peter, well done capturing the maternal moment, great tones and colours in that shot.
Anthony, nice greenery, makes me miss New Zealand :(
Intimate portrait Jason, thanks for sharing it.
Charles, nice to see the weather has cleared up (although it looks to change again soon), nice beach portraits.
Dan, fantastic morning fog, mount fuji?
Love the symmetry on that bird sanctuary shot Keith.
Anthony, great family portraits!
Matt, great high-key city/tree-scape :)
Ashwin, great photo-journalism - as always!

I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it :)

M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
When is your Gallery Exhibit coming to Boston Daniel? Your always on Top Of Your Game!!!