The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

endre novak

A couple more, from Varanasi, the big city on the Ganges and spiritual home to much of Hinduism:

This is just the start of my image processing...Much more to come in the weeks ahead. Lots of RAW material to work with, pardon the pun :ROTFL:
excellent work.
:salute:

m_driscoll

I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it :)

M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
Daniel: This is breathtaking (despite the "lackluster" skies?). I think the lack of detail and monochromatic color in the sky moves the focus down to the mid-ground water/rocks. A plus IMHO. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A shot from 2 days ago, at Currumbin beach with the 35 Lux II
Charles: Outstanding! I really like the hazy light in the upper left balanced by the dark shadow in the lower left. Great sense of movement in the breaking waves. :salute: Out of curiosity, did you use a tripod?

A little bit of whimsy for a Sunday evening.

Bill: Nicely seen! You have a great looking dog. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

RF_Licks

Wow! :bugeyes: This thread keeps getting better all the time. Great shots everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haven't posted for awhile, was either shoveling snow or recovering from shoveling snow, what a winter :(
A few pics this afternoon at the library, then home for bath-time! M9 35Lux ASPH.

Thanks for looking,
Joe

CharlesK

T streng... Thank you! You more welcome to visit anytime :D The shot was processed RAW through C1 Pro outputed to CS5. The film like appearance, is one of the benefits of using C1 as it add a richness and depth that I find lacking in CS5 for the moment.

Matt... Thanks a lot :) No tripod, just set the hyperfocal distance and have some fun shooting :) I rarely use tripods now with the M9, and love the fact that you can travel light.
Bill... nice shot!!!
Cindy... superb composition!!! Amazing moment captured :)
Joe .... love the magical moments captured of your son :)

Lloyd

Wow! :bugeyes: This thread keeps getting better all the time. Great shots everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haven't posted for awhile, was either shoveling snow or recovering from shoveling snow, what a winter :(
A few pics this afternoon at the library, then home for bath-time! M9 35Lux ASPH.

Thanks for looking,
Joe
These are priceless, Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if one day you counted them among the most important images you've ever made.

sjg284

Good stuff this weekend all

Joe- Seems you are having the same kind of winter as me
Great series, this is my fave
Bill - Great shot, at least someone is enjoying the snow!
David - Really really great B&W. Do you do this by hand in a raw conversion tool (LR,Aperture,etc) or do you use specific plugins (silver efex, etc)?
Dan - Superb composition and color. There's just something about that purple-blue too, not a color you see often! Lovely.
Sorry to hear of the troubles!
Hopefully it's only a temporary problem!
Nice shot.. making me consider filling my 15->35 gap on my M8!

danlindberg

Bill, Lloyd, Shtarka, Sjg284, Driscoll, thank you very much for your kind words. The unusual colour is the local trains signum.

So many great shots in this thread :salute: it is inspiring just watching!

OT - Now I am off to my dealer to borrow a Voightländer 15mm for a few days. :D if it is any good it stays.....

RF_Licks

Thanks for the kind words, Charles, Lloyd and Steve :salute:
Steve, not sure about NYC, but we're expecting another foot of snow this week up here in Boston :deadhorse:

Joe

------------------
M9, 35mm f/1.2 CV Nokton Las Vegas
Cindy , love this shot! Very nicely composed!