The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Photojazz

Going for that Leica Look for post 2... 35 Cron, hey, it's riveted on there, so don't knock it. ;) I think barb wire works for framing an image, don't you?

Lloyd

Hardhat area: the rule of 1/3s is highly overrated. ;)

M9/35 Cron ASPH

Doug
I agree. I always say, bury them up to the neck... at least! :D

(Nice first post, btw, welcome to the thread. The second one is good as well. Let's see longs more!!:thumbup:)

Photojazz

Thanks Lloyd, only had my M9 since Monday. Steve (Shtarka1) told me about this forum. I'm a big Nikon user prior...and still am. We'll say I am cutting my teeth on Leica (started X1, then M9) own both. Also prior Panasonic L1 with Leica 14-42 lens, and Leica V-Lux1 luuuuured me in.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, only had my M9 since Monday. Steve (Shtarka1) told me about this forum. I'm a big Nikon user prior...
Glad he did, Doug. Are you in Boston (my hometown) as well? Not seeing a lot of snow there?

You're among friends on many levels. Lots of us here also shoot (or shot) Nikon... Matt Driscoll, Steve, Jason, myself, and a few more.

DavidE

Wow, Ashwin, the entire series is absolutely amazing!

Each of the photos has a serenely balanced composition. There's so much depth, they almost have a 3D feel (with no glasses needed). Best of all, they show a great respect for the individuals and their environment.

Very inspiring. These are some of the best images ever posted to this thread.

DavidE

See, you even have mastery over the telephotos!! :D
David, great WA shots again! Love #2 :)
David: +1! I, also, esp. like this second one. :thumbup:

David: You really make those wide angles sing! :thumbup:
Nice framing,contrast,lines & shooting David!
David - Really really great B&W. Do you do this by hand in a raw conversion tool (LR,Aperture,etc) or do you use specific plugins (silver efex, etc)?
Nice, gritty, B&W conversion.
Thanks Lloyd, Charles, Matt, Steve, Steve, and Mike.

Steve, I use LR and Silver Efex.

Photojazz

wow, photos fly though here. Lloyd, not in Boston, further south. East TN, Steve and I are only Virtual friends actually. ;) or web/internet based, you pick. From Day one. I don't count evening after getting battery charged after late UPS delivery as day one! That was just a trial run!

Lloyd

wow, photos fly though here. Lloyd, not in Boston, further south. East TN, Steve and I are only Virtual friends actually. ;) or web/internet based, you pick. From Day one. I don't count evening after getting battery charged after late UPS delivery as day one! That was just a trial run!
Ah yes, there are few of us the same here; Internet friends. Well, East TN, eh. I used to hang out occasionally in Mountain City or Johnson City... I attended Appalachian State for one semester... many years ago. But again, welcome.

I really like this shot. Great lines. Nicely composed too. Would make an interesting B/W as well, I think.

Photojazz

As soon as I get my upload issues resolved, Comcast, GRRR, I'll get more things like BW's done and stuff, lately, my uploads have been crap, I had to take my files to office. I have a new cable modem coming from Amazing, ok, I meant Amazon, they haven't been to "Amazing" this week! But I didn't know the free shipping came via Tel Aviv, or Hong Kong, lol I ordered it last Friday for cripes sake.

RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd, only had my M9 since Monday. Steve (Shtarka1) told me about this forum. I'm a big Nikon user prior...and still am. We'll say I am cutting my teeth on Leica (started X1, then M9) own both. Also prior Panasonic L1 with Leica 14-42 lens, and Leica V-Lux1 luuuuured me in.
Doug, nice to see you here! This is a great thread, lots of inspirational stuff from everyone on this thread.

Joe

Photojazz

Thanks much RF, look forward to participation, and learning from all too.

Weather stunk today, hanging out near the couch tonight, so I just shot it. amazingly, it uploaded after 2 tries.

and a crazy lamp...