The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Been marveling at how long this car could stay this way without a ticket.. note it hasn't actually snowed here in about a week..
Outstanding capture!!!! Love the feel of the image, and a demonstration of the power of nature to render us helpless!

ashwinrao1

Great PJ work Ashwin, really looks like India is amazing. Here are 4 shots, all from tonight. All 18mm Distagon.
Dan, these images are AMAZING. At some point, I'll have to pick your brain on how you use the 18 distagon. I am just starting to play with it. Your process and your images are startlingly great, as usual.

Thanks for the kind words, Dan!

ashwinrao1

Ashwin,
I am just starting out with an M8 and am researching raw pprocessors. I really like the look you are achieveing and wonder if you would be kind enough to share your processing techinque and what RAW processor(s) you are using, psrticularly for the B&W? These are superb. Thanks.
Thanks, RAM. I typically do about 90 % of my processing in LR3, and 10% of the B/W stuff using Nik Silver Efex conversions with selective tweaking (Dodge/burn, contrast and clarity adjustments, vignette). I can give you more details, but just PM me! THanks for the kind words...

Paratom

OK, fine! Be like that! Post miraculous landscapes and travel pics. I will not be cowed! OK, yes I will. Very cowed. Extremely... :rolleyes: nevertheless, I will post!

I just started a course in portraiture and landscapes. First assignment - natural light portrait. Window and reflector sort of thing. Here are two. M9 and 50 Summilux ver1.

Focus misses the eyes here, but I like it anyway.

Another front focus. Not sure if it's the lens or my rangefinder inexperience or both. Serves me right for trying to shoot f/1.4.

Thanks for this wonderful forum,

Matt
Matt,
I like thoe 2 images a lot, very natural, and also very nice light. In this case I dont feel any problem with focus.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
t_streng,
Thank you. I don't think the focus issues hurt the pictures, either. I just wish they were deliberate. My hit rate is not really worse than with AF, but now I feel more responsible for the focus.:banghead:

Best,

Matt

seakayaker

. . . . . out and about on a misty overcast damp day in Seattle. A few shots posted prior to kick-off . . . . .

All photos taken at the Center for Wooden Boats on Lake Union.

M8.2 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph. 50/1.5

. . . . . btw . . . . . GO PACKERS!

CharlesK

Some Varanasi Puja images
Ashwin, stunning and amazing series of shots! I love your shots, as I feel that I am there experiencing the moment also. Great stuff!!!

No new trips, so I'm reduced to scavenging through older images to find anything that might be worth processing.

Here are two from an April trip to Vegas. Using the 24 lux.

David, great shot! Very nice composition.

LOL :D

Photojazz, very nice shot!

M8 | ZM25 | Silver Efex Pro 2 for all
Steve, contrats on the ZM 25. Very nice lens! Great capture :)

MGrayson;287209 [IMG said:
http://gallery.me.com/mgrayson3/100126/L1000766/web.jpg?ver=12969377380001[/IMG]
Matt
Matt, nice portrait!

Daniel, stunning series of shots!!!

Photojazz

Lloyd, I'd thank you much, but I'd say that that shot still doesn't hold a candle to this one. My daughter and my Mom that was 85 last week! The 35mm Cron ASPH was amazing here! I Was sweating the focus, whether I got it right, but if you wanted, you can go see original size in my gallery, and it's spot on my daughter, which is ok, that softens up the image on Mom some.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I'd thank you much, but I'd say that that shot still doesn't hold a candle to this one. My daughter and my Mom that was 85 last week! The 35mm Cron ASPH was amazing here! I Was sweating the focus, whether I got it right, but if you wanted, you can go see original size in my gallery, and it's spot on my daughter, which is ok, that softens up the image on Mom some.

I agree, 100%. (Pretty lady, your Mom... looks like it runs in the family):thumbup: