The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

edmund

Great photo of the dog and portrait, Charles!

Here is a shot after my first trip with the M8 (that I bought from Tom this summer!)

It is in the staircase of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain.

Also, Id love any critiques for improvement -

Last edited:

Lloyd

Here is a shot after my first trip with the M8 (that I bought from Tom this summer!)

Very kewl. Lots of abstract goodness there. And an excellent b/w too. :salute:

Steve Fines

Danlindberg The "My Daughter" shot is really good. Great color and comp.

CharlesK The "My Friends Massage" is really a fun scene. The dog makes it.

Now that my m9 is back I need to get out and contribute!

shtarka1

Also, Id love any critiques for improvement -

Excellent Comp & Tone!

Photojazz

Thanks Steve, the IQ is stunning I think opened up to original size in Smugmug.

Edmund, cool staircase. you could try increasing contrast/blacks, increasing highlights to make the contast that much more dramatic. You could also try single shot HDR for this effect. not sure how much added pop it could add, but it might be desirable, maybe. But it is very nice the way it is.

Photojazz

It's Doug Charles. :) Well, not Doug Charles, but just Doug.

thanx.

sort of like this one too. I did make the clouds more dramatic in Lightroom. :)

CharlesK

Doug, nice shot! I knew who you were, but in inline with the forum, others may not :) There is amazing information embedded in the M9 DNG files, only waiting to be PP'd.

Photojazz

yeah, thanks Charles. Maybe I should have used my FM monikor. lol. I like photojazz, but there is an imposter or two running around. ;)

thank you on the shot. I totally tweaked that shot using LR3, I didn't even go into CS5 :) I like the dimensionality the lighting adds to the clouds, it's like looking at one of those slide viewers for images sort of. It just adds so much.

I'll leave you with this, and just tell you the original size image screams detail, it's amazing.

Color

BW

seakayaker

Thank you Steve, Charles & Lloyd for your kind words, they are appreciated!

Last Saturday was rain, mist, and cool weather a black and white day . . . . .

A couple of more shots taken with the M8.2 with Carl Zeiss 25mm Biogon T* 25mm f2.8

'Black Sun' ~ Volunteer Park

'Conservatory' ~ Volunteer Park

Photojazz

Dan, your nautical shots were really excellent. The locks were interesting to me, my Grandfather was a Lockmaster at a TVA lake. I've been on the locks, seen the water leveling operation first hand, amazing. Nice rainy day BW series too.

shtarka1

Amazing what a little photoshopping does huh? After I looked at it, this was my vision for it.

I really like how the train is surrounded & framed by the power lines above & their shadows below! A lot of intrigue between the lines! Nice processing also!
Oh yeah.."Doug Charles" has a Nice Ring to It!:D

shtarka1

Thank you Steve, Charles & Lloyd for your kind words, they are appreciated!

Last Saturday was rain, mist, and cool weather a black and white day . . . . .

A couple of more shots taken with the M8.2 with Carl Zeiss 25mm Biogon T* 25mm f2.8

Dan, wonderful symmetry & contrast! Love em both!