The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ceh

Ashwin,
Thy series of images is exceptional:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Photojazz

short photo journey today. Really short, I only took like 9-10 photos.

From a local park overlooking Ft Loudon Lake, or Tennessee River, essentially...

The entry for the old neighborhood (elite area homes valued at 1+ million in here) where the park/rivershot is located. quite pleased with how this shot came out... The former University owned President's home is located here, University has for sale, something like 5-6 million I think. Maintenance alone runs 150K a year on the property.

Pitty I blotched the framing on this shot, but I still like it.

seakayaker

Wow, time passes quickly and the photographs pages fill up fast . . . . .

Edmund, a fantastic shot the 'Spiral Staircase' in Barcelona! Wonderful!
Photojazz, love the photoshop version of the 2318 locomotive. The B&W with the crisscross wires works well. ~ Both the B&W and Color version of the 'Dent' gas station is quite lovely, nice work on both! . . . . . also the double red doors work very well!
RFLicks, the bathroom fixtures shot is very nice, I am drawn into the photo by the lines, circles, round and sharp edges. Nicely done.
Steve, the bling portrait as many have already commented about is a wonderful photograph! Love the earring with the contrasting light in his eye . . . . . a very special shot! ~ Also nice B&W series with the Zeiss ZM 25/2.8, love the middle shot with the women in the fur coat walking down the street.
Yamas, beautiful shots from Maui! Number four is my favorite . . . . .
Lloyd, fantastic shots in Cosco! I love the man on the phone who appears to be taking directions on picking out flowers, then making the choice. ( . . . . . been there, done that) ~ also, the landscape shot with the CV 21/4 is enough encouragement for me to consider picking up one of these lens when the moment and price is right.
DaveE, Beautiful composition with the 12mm, a master with the super wide! Love the colors produced with the 24 Lux, stunning! ~ also, really enjoy the BW shot (self portrait) produced with the 12mm!
Matt, where is the chocolate bakery in Seattle! The photos set off the sweet tooth alarm just looking at all the good (bad) choices! . . . . . you need to include the address when you post those shots . . . . .
Retow, wonderful shots, crisp 3D look, love the head shots as well as the alphabet bag!
Ceh, your photographs are simply amazing, between this and the S2 thread you post one stellar shot after another, thanks for sharing!
Ashwin, thanks for taking us all on tour with you during your recent trip to India. Like many others have commented, just a wonderful collection of photographs you have shared with us all. There are many favorites but the elephant photos really stuck out for me. This one in particular!

Love the color, the detail of the elephant's eye, skin detail and whiskers, the size of the rope around his neck, the man between the two animals, lots to take in with this single shot, simply amazing!

Thanks everyone!

seakayaker

Saturday in Seattle, a typical day for what most folks think of our weather in Pacific Northwest!

Heavy Rain at the 'Black Sun' ~ Volunteer Park

M8.2 with the Voigtlander 40/1.4

. . . . . then move indoors for a little color . . . . .

seakayaker

. . . . . then Sunday arrives and the 'typical day' in Seattle has simply disappeared!

M8.2 with Voigtlander 40/1.4

RF_Licks

Thanks for the kind words, Steve, Lloyd, Ceh, Dan. Hope I didn't miss anyone out. Much appreciated. :salute:
Such a privilege to be part of this great forum!
----
Had a great time shooting with a fellow GetDPI member today. Awesome guy! :thumbs:

Joe

First set. M9 35Lux ASPH

ashwinrao1

Thanks for the kind words, Steve, Lloyd, Ceh, Dan. Hope I didn't miss anyone out. Much appreciated. :salute:
Such a privilege to be part of this great forum!
----
Had a great time shooting with a fellow GetDPI member today. Awesome guy! :thumbs:

Joe

First set. M9 35Lux ASPH

I think I know that guy!:salute:

What fun you must have had together! I miss that pair! Wish I could have been there with ya!

ashwinrao1

. . . . . then Sunday arrives and the 'typical day' in Seattle has simply disappeared!

Dan, these reflection shots are inspired. Great stuff all of them! It was nice to see the sun out, but alas, it has gone back to rainy rainy rainy. Glad you had a nice window to shoot, though you seem to handle the rain fine...very Seattle of ya!

m_driscoll

Ashwin: More awesomeness! I'm going to have to scroll through them again on a bigger monitor. :thumbup:

Seakyaker/Joe/Steve(cameo appearance)/Ceh/David/Jklotz/Doug/Steve(the other one)/anybody I missed: Great, disparate, except in their excellence, photos! Thank you all.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

seakayaker

Second set :D
M9 35Lux ASPH

Joe

Joe, love the Boston shots, could almost make me homesick, except for the cold weather, and the snow, and rush hour traffic . . . . . and the non-rush hour traffic!

Love the look of the police officer in your 3rd photo, he looks as he is getting a little annoyed at having his picture taken. Wonderful colors and sharp, the 4th photo is great, love the police command staff with the Dragon keeping them company.

Looks like you guys had a great day!

ashwinrao1

And to top off the random assortment, dragonflies and butterflies...

India has got these guys too...;)

The buggers were shot with a 90 mm Macro elmar, though no macro attachment was available...

seakayaker

Joe, Ashwin, thank you for your kind words, always appreciated.

. . . . . a couple more from Saturday . . .

M8.2 with Voigtlander 40/1.4 SC

. . and Sunday . . . . .

seakayaker

And to top off the random assortment, dragonflies and butterflies...

India has got these guys too...;)

The buggers were shot with a 90 mm Macro elmar, though no macro attachment was available...
Ashwin, another couple of great sets of photographs!

Love the detail and bokeh in the first two butterfly shots, it really is pleasing to the eye!