The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

RF_Licks

So little time left to shoot! Cannot break the monotony of the home-office-home routine. A few island shots from last autumn. M8 with 35mm 'cron.
Cheers,
Osman

Otumay, I like this composition plus very nice colors on the sky! :thumbup:

Joe

RF_Licks

..... no, the floating home used in filming the Tom Hanks film is about 1/2 mile away on Lake Union. The two floating homes in the picture are sitting on the west end of Lake Union that joins with the ship canal that allows water traffic to reach the Ballard Locks where ships/boats make the transition from fresh to salt water.

. . . . . a couple of miles from the floating home the water traffic can enter the large lock or small lock. The complex includes two locks, a small (30 x 150 ft, 8.5 x 45.7 meter) and a large (80 x 825, 24.4 x 251.5 meter). Photo of a couple of boats entering the small lock from the ship canal.

Thanks for you kind comments.
Dan, loving this harbor series! Very nice. :thumbup:

Joe

seakayaker

A few from this weekend, M8 and a mix of 35 'Cron and 25 CV:

Regards

Mike

Mike, love your photographs especially #4, to my eye it has wonderful detail, color, and texture.

Also had a flashback to the late '50s when as a young boy I was visiting an aunt who lived in the Cotswolds district, somewhere around Cheltenham, who had a farm, with lots of sheep.

Great shot!

seakayaker

A few more, first two 35Lux ASPH, 3rd and 4th 90 Tele-E.
I'll let you all decide on the caption on #4 :D

Joe

The Winning Team (street division) of the 'Flying Saucer' snow sledding competition.

. . . . . I can see them starting at 'Dorchester Heights' going down 'G' street from the high school to the water in Dorchester Bay . . . . .

Also love the women with the fur coat walking in front of them, perhaps this is her group of personal body guards who protect her in public places from having paint thrown on her coat. A world of possibilities with that photo!

seakayaker

A Few From My Perspective...

M9, 21 Lux. M8.2, 50 Lux asph:)
Had A Great Time & Met Up With Joe (RF Licks)..A Super Nice Guy!
Great captures Steve!

Love the look of joy and awe of the kids in your second shot of the group (Hearts)! Wonderful! The light & composition really makes this B&W photo shine.

I don't know if that is Santa, but it could be a member of the city council, concierge, chauffeur, or lawyer. Love those street shots! . . . . . leaves a lot to the imagination . . . . .

seakayaker

Another of my front porch mountain. Yesterday.

M8, CV 15
Lloyd, a beautiful photograph!

Love the wide angle with the endless blue sky with the appearance of reaching the outer-limits of the atmosphere and moving into the darkness of space.

seakayaker

C'mon Steve show me what else you got! :ROTFL:

Joe

p/s I hope we're not making Lloyd and Dan homesick!

M9 35Lux ASPH

Joe & Steve, you guys keep on showing me pictures of people in stocking hats, earmuffs, and puffy jackets and you do not have to worry about making me homesick!

. . . . . do love the Boston version of 'Chinese' & 'Italian' food, after living in different parts of the country you learn there is a difference in food preparations and taste! That can make me homesick . . . . . or warm sunny days on the Cape . . . . . or sailing during race week in Marblehead . . . . . or off the coast of Maine . . . . . or watching Yaz, Jim Lomberg, Bill Lee, Frank Malzone, the Gold Dust twins, Dick Raditz, Carlton Fisk, Rico P, Tony C, or other players from the 60's/70's in Fenway, you could make me homesick . . . .

Lloyd

Joe & Steve, you guys keep on showing me pictures of people in stocking hats, earmuffs, and puffy jackets and you do not have to worry about making me homesick!

. . . . . do love the Boston version of 'Chinese' & 'Italian' food, after living in different parts of the country you learn there is a difference in food preparations and taste! That can make me homesick . . . . . or warm sunny days on the Cape . . . . . or sailing during race week in Marblehead . . . . . or off the coast of Maine . . . . . or watching Yaz, Jim Lomberg, Bill Lee, Frank Malzone, the Gold Dust twins, Dick Raditz, Carlton Fisk, Rico P, Tony C, or other players from the 60's/70's in Fenway, you could make me homesick . . . .
Yup... just what he said. :thumbup: (Well, that and fried clams! And about any restaurant in the North End, and, and, and.... :D)

shtarka1

Steve, your great street continues.
Thanks Doug!
Glad I was with you the other day ..
Excellent composition! You have an eye for diamonds huh? :D
Like the contrast of the colors as well. :thumbup:

Joe
Thanks Joe! I have an eye for Leica M Glass! Better Than Diamonds!:D
Great eye, Steve, like these as well! :thumbup:

Joe
Thanks Friend!
Great captures Steve!

Love the look of joy and awe of the kids in your second shot of the group (Hearts)! Wonderful! The light & composition really makes this B&W photo shine.

I don't know if that is Santa, but it could be a member of the city council, concierge, chauffeur, or lawyer. Love those street shots! . . . . . leaves a lot to the imagination . . . . .
Lol! True! Thanks a lot Dan!
. . . . . is this one of the RF photographers covering the parade? :angel:

Love this capture!
Thor out taking a brisk stroll!:D Thanks!

Dan, you can take the kid outa Boston....."!;)