The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Nothing really new, so I'm reaching back into the past to find neglected images worth processing.

Here are four from an October trip to New York. Using the 50 lux.

Lloyd

Nothing really new, so I'm reaching back into the past to find neglected images worth processing.

Here are four from an October trip to New York. Using the 50 lux.
Really like your b/w here, David. Nice shots too, although (and I mean this sincerely), I experience a sort of cognitive dissonance when I see an image from you that isn't wide! :D

DavidE

Thanks Lloyd.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had the same sort of cognitive dissonance when I was processing them.

Maybe there's a plug-in I could use to convert them to wide-angle shots. :)

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had the same sort of cognitive dissonance when I was processing them.

Maybe there's a plug-in I could use to convert them to wide-angle shots. :)
LOL. Yeah, maybe you could use LR3's Lens Correction feature and distort them somehow? :D

Photojazz

Steve should have been a politician, note how he turned my Joe that's whiter than .... to Joe, excellent use of negative space. Has he got a silver tongue or what? heh :) Just good fun Joe and Steve. I like the image, just wish the people appeared a little more "engaged" is all. :)

I got my Neoprene strap on my M9 today using my correct application triangular "hooks", an old time 35mm guy knows what those are. :) and a National Geographic shoulder strap on my Billingham Hadley, getting ready to go on with the Giottos and the day's mods are done!

Doug

RF_Licks

. . . . . it looks like a frozen kiddy pond to me . . . . . ;)
:D
Dan, you're getting very sharp pics with that CV 40/1.4 lens. Very nice :thumbup:

Joe, nice shot & use of negative space!
Thank you Sir :salute:

Makes me feel homesick. Until 6 months ago I lived 300 yards from this skating ring.
Oh no! Why are you all leaving town? :cry: You don't need to be homesick when you have those beauties in NYC to shoot. Nice shots! :D

Something abstract...

Nice one Ashwin! :thumbup:

seakayaker

First attempt with my recently purchased M8.
Welcome! . . . . . and congratulations on your new M8!

Wonderful Black and White photograph! Enjoy the lines and angles, the clouds offer a nice soft background against the rigid stone building, enjoyed the shot.

. . . . . off to a great start, keep 'em coming!

Lloyd

Welcome! . . . . . and congratulations on your new M8!

Wonderful Black and White photograph! Enjoy the lines and angles, the clouds offer a nice soft background against the rigid stone building, enjoyed the shot.

. . . . . off to a great start, keep 'em coming!
Big +1. Great first post, wonderful b/w. Welcome to the forum.