The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

Steve, this guy looks like the same guy we saw this summer down near China town? Look a like, same guy? Regardless, super cool shot. You are making great use of the 21 lux...
Good Eye Ash! Yes Same Guy In Same Squatting Position, Smoking A Different Cig! He's Always There In That Pose! Poor Guy. Thanks.
Agreed! Steve, How the heck did you nail the focus on that one!?! And a kid, to boot?!? Great stuff!
Just The Noct At High ISO Doing Its Thing! Thanks Buddy!:)

Photojazz

You guys are overpowering me, I can't comment on everything, haha. Ashwin, I like the stone cold processing of the arched brick way. the wedding shots are great, especially the mirror reflection shot.

Ryan, texturs of grass and color is very good.

The mountains, is that Cape Town? Pardon my question if obvious to some, just checking, maybe it's not, but it reminds me of shots there. WOW, green is right!

Lloyd

Thanks, everyone. Very nice of you all to comment. The Rita's shot, by the way, was taken in Phili. I actually was under the impression that it was a Phili Chain, and had no idea that it was also found down South!

Great images, everyone! Here's one from the M8 vault:

FInally, one in saturated color:
Good stuff Ashwin. These two in particular caught my imagination.

A few shots from Oahu, Hawaii: Pali lookout and the Windward Shore. I believe I photoshopped out most of the vertical strip of blown pixels that showed up in Hawaii. Camera's taking a solo trip to NJ. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/19; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/19; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Now that's the Oahu worth visiting! Especially like these two. :salute:

Doug: Very nice! The contrast and the softness in the reflection give it a dreamy quality that works well. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

+1 I really like that one too, Doug.

Lloyd, this is the 50 Lux II which puts my newer designed Nikkors to shame :)
Ah yes. Ok. Thank you. Looking forward to more.

m_driscoll

So Plush & Green! It's Been So Long Since I've Seen "Plush & Green"! Beautiful Takes & PP Matt!
Steve: Thank you, sir! :D It's underneath the white/gray/black stuff outside your window. :LOL:

Ok, I admit I had to look that word up :bugeyes:
Mike
Mike: It was the only word that I could think of that, more, or less, meant "at right angles/perpendicular" and implied a condition like IF/OOF. ;) You could have said "focus and orthogonality isn't everything". :D

The mountains, is that Cape Town? Pardon my question if obvious to some, just checking, maybe it's not, but it reminds me of shots there. WOW, green is right!
Photojazz: It's the island of Oahu in Hawaii. Does have a Cape Town look, though.

Now that's the Oahu worth visiting! Especially like these two. :salute:..
Lloyd: Mahalo. True. I should have got out of Honolulu more! :(

Cheers, Matt