The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Thanks Joe, Lloyd, Ryan, Matt, Steve, and Charles.

I've been looking at the last two. The form of the ride and the fence is quite strong. The framing in the second photo pushes their relationship; but, I like the first photo that picks up what's beyond the fence, a slightly larger context. I think it actually brings out the forms better. The minimal detail outside the fence in the second photo is just enough to distract. IMHO, anyway. Cheers, Matt.
Matt, I know what you mean with the second ride photo. It doesn’t feel quite balanced. I tried to crop it, but decided to leave it as shot, since cropping didn’t solve the problem. It's still a good photo, just so close to being a much better photo.

If only I could travel back in time, then I could move the camera to the left or right just a bit. :D

jonoslack

So many good shots - and it's so late, so I'm going to post a couple and talk tomorrow.
I've been having a lovely time with the 24 'lux - it's gorgeous wide open, and it's spectacular stopped down - here are three shots taken with the very last of the evening light

CharlesK

Doug, David and George... thanks so much guys :)
David, beautifully rendered shot with the 50 Lux :)
Jono, excellent shots!!! The rendering in all of the shots is just superb.

Lloyd

Ashwin: Love the composition of these new ones. Great work.
Charles: Those Bangkok shots are terrific. You've really got a way with these street portraits.
David: Nice rework of that M8/50 Lux shot.
Jono: Beautiful work with that 24 lux.

Lloyd

Very kewl shot, Steve. I like that alot. BTW, I passed your idea along to Guy. We'll see what happens.

Lloyd

Lloyd, we'll never be tired of this one. Bravo!

You'll have to post it at least one more time -- when we eventually close out the thread. It should be the last post.
Lloyd: I'll just go with what Steve said!! :salute:
Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
I don't know whether your wife was already wearing the dress or whether it was chosen just for the photo. In any event it absolutely compliments her hair and skin tones and the end result is just fabulous. Great job also for choosing a dark background for the shot. This is world class Lloyd. Also, I don't concur with Jason (although mightily respect his talents) about the fact that this type of shot is easy with such a beautiful model. I have seen way too many shots of the world class models and celebrity stars, shot by some of the worlds foremost photogs that frankly are not good. Give me Megan Fox or Scarlett Johannson and I can still show how to screw up the shoot! lol

Best

Woody
Thanks guys. I'm sorry about the repost. I was just offering it as an example of the quality of the 90 Elmarit, in response to a question posted earlier about M-mount 90mm lenses.

Woody: I really appreciate your comments. In truth, I had just received a grid for my beauty dish, and wanted to try it out. My wife came home late from work (an unfortunately common event), and was pretty tried. I asked her if she'd pose for a few test shots. She indulged me, as she typically does. The blouse is just what she happened to be wearing. She's actually standing in our family room (about 15' from the far wall... there's a couch right behind her), and the grid creates a wonderful falloff, so the back of the room didn't get any light spill. Things just came together. I'm glad you like it (and my wife was really touched by your comments.) I do work hard on my portraiture, so I'm always grateful when it's appreciated.

Lloyd

C

Lloyd, your wife I presume? Very pretty. Great shot too...

I found the in and out focus of angled step down retaining wall interesting here... this was covered in the flood waters here last week. (5" of rain in day)
Thanks Doug, Yes, not bad for a grandma. :D

That is interesting to see the area of focus. And, that's a lot of water at one time. Our annual rainfall here is only about 18".

Photojazz

about 8 cars got flooded in this zone, the stream rises fast here, it's headed to the Tennessee River not very far away. The park is flat and it just floods out.

Yes, not bad Lloyd, not bad at all. :) I'd say your a lucky man.

I have not had a good day with Silver Efex II on my W7 box. see the other section...

Doug

ashwinrao1

Hi all, sorry for slacking in the commentary. It's been a busy and somewhat trying past 2 weeks, so at least I have been able to seek a bit of solace in my photography...here are a few from the "vault", from India....so many shots, it's nice to discover new ones...

shtarka1

Stunning images everyone! This thread moves so fast, it is impossible to catch, but ...

Some shots from Bangkok this afternoon, in Sukhumvit with the 75 Lux :)

35 Lux Asph II

Charles...You've Got It Down To A Science Mate!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

shtarka1

Steve, thanx... did you post something this round?

[/QUOTE]

Nice, Doug! No, no posts on this page....misplaced my Mojo for the moment!:)

CharlesK

Lloyd, Steve ... thanks a lot guys :)

Ashwin, your shots from India are stunning!!! Great expressions and feelings within them :)

Photojazz

Great shot Jono. Just a little sky heavy at top for my taste, given the small amount of surface area on ground,but still, very nice.

Steve, something sounds fishy about your story.

Doug