The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Love this spot on the waterfront; everybody immersed in their own thoughts, enjoying the weak winter sun.

Osman, many thanks! I love this picture, by the way, feels like a moment in time...brilliant capture. I will need to get out to where you live someday soon...

rsolti13

Ryan, what a beautiful place in which you live...on your way to work!?! Wow! Lovely!
Yes, I live in Savannah, GA. Very unique city. Great historical section and right by the water. My work is actually on an island that has 1 commercial complex and a huge residential neighborhood (about 2,500 homes). Moving to Savannah about a year ago really got me into photography.

Lloyd

Keeping it going....some shots on my way TO work the other day :)

Gorgeous set. Many to like, but this one really speaks to me. (And I'm sure that the fact that we have a blizzard outside just now has nothing to do with it! :cool:)

shtarka1

Was in Boston Chinatown for a haircut on Sat morning. Took a short diversion with the M9 and 90 Tele-Elmarit. Something different to what I normally post.

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

Sorry if I missed someone, its getting late and I have to be up early tomorrow. So many wonderful pictures on this thread!

-------
Picture of our son Ethan, who will be 1 1/2 years old this month. He really is the reason I got back into photography (and ended up spending way to much on camera gear :LOL:)
I hope he will cherish this picture years to come as much as I enjoyed capturing it.
Caught the light when he was playing on the kitchen floor and and saw the light on the floor reflected back on his face. My camera was nearby.
Some say luck, some say AMEN.

M9 35Lux ASPH

Tremendous Set Joe! The One Of Ethan Is Spectacular!!!

RF_Licks

This is truly special Joe. One of the best ever on the thread. :salute:

Your set of "Haircut" shots are also terrific work. Very different for you, for sure, but great stuff!
Thank you very much Lloyd, much appreciated! :salute:

Yet another magnificent series...You New England shooters have some talent!!! This and the pic of your little one show the scope of your capture. Congrats, Joe! I'll be sending a PM soon to ya and will send you a copy of mine in exchange!
Thank you very much Ashwin, much appreciated. :salute: Well, I think we have to to keep trying to bring the the scale back in balance, which is heavily tilted in the direction of Seattle!

A jewel amidst photos:thumbs:
Thank you very much, Maestro! :salute:

Joe, great shot! Love the shadows/composition/PP - great shot overall!
Thanks a lot, Ryan! Much appreciated!

RF - You've captured the commute well. :salute:
Thanks Steve!

Joe, stunning shot! I love the play of light and shadows :)
Thank you very much Charles! Much appreciated.

Tremendous Set Joe! The One Of Ethan Is Spectacular!!!
Thank you Sir! Much appreciated. Steve, we must go out again soon! :salute:

Thanks everyone!

------------------------
I'll try not to repost pictures,

Ceh - Love that low key picture with the man in the cigarette. Deep in thoughts!

Ryan, excellent post throughout! On #1 I immediately though of John Berendt's "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", but only good from your pictures! Love the pics of your family and the rest of them too! Keep showing us Savannah!

Osman, another fine picture. Very nice composition and I like how the scene is framed by the silhouettes in the foreground.

Steve (sig284), nice work with the 50Lux. Like the glow on #1 very much.

Steve (shtarka1), excellent set! #3 is really nice. Excellent B&W tones too. SEP2?

--