The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rsolti13

It's nice to get back to this best of all photo threads on the internet. I wouldn't know where to start in terms of thanking individual contributors. I'm in awe of the work posted in the past week or two while I was off cavorting in the MF forum, which is frankly less dynamic that this. Here are my modest contributions. Both posted to my daily blog for March 1. Both with my M9 and my 90mm elmarit.

Wow! The composition and shadows on these are excellent! I have the Elmarit-M on the way in the mail...hope I can get results close to this :)

rsolti13

Just got M8 about 2 months, still adapting to RF There're a lot more to learn.

OttO

View attachment 41264

View attachment 41265

PS. How to post a bigger pic though? :confused:
Great start! I too just got into RF late last year and already want to get rid of my DSLR and jump in all the way! I still have no clue what I'm doing....but it sure is fun. I have found myself taking my camera with me EVERYWHERE...which just wasn't the case with my D700 + 70-200 VRII :ROTFL:

sjg284

Superb!
RF-Licks - as others have said the commute photo is wonderful. And Ethan on the floor is a winner as well.

Ash - really like the one with the soldier in the center of the frame peeking out at the camera. So many points of view to look "through" in this image.

I was booked in the car today. Car, car, car. Tried to make the best of it by taking the camera along. I'm not sure if this reminds me of that time I broke out of jail, or what it looked like from the rear window of the Delorean just as the lightning struck....

m9, 21/1.4, f/16, 1/3sec with a ND filter.

rsolti13

I haven't been much of a 'street shooter' but am going to try and put forth the effort. Here are some pics of my attempt over the weekend

Sorry Joe/Charles/Doug...a couple of cross posts from FM :)

Mitchell

Ryan,

I'm sure Savanna is lovely and all that but I can't help feeling you're missing out on all our snow, ice, freezing rain, slush, not to mention mud season which comes next.
But, if it makes you happy....

Best,

Mitchell

CharlesK

Joe, superb shot! Excellent series of shots with the 90 Tele-E

Steve, great capture!

Woody, superb shot! Love the angles, shapes but most of all the lighting!

My humble contribution to this thread.. Still learning RF.
Building shot was from inside my car while stopped at a red light. I need to go back and redo the shot. all the window stain is visible in the picture... :(
Nice shot!

M8.2 with 24/3.8 ASPH
Dan, very nice series!

Ryan, great street shot series!

rsolti13

Ryan,

I'm sure Savanna is lovely and all that but I can't help feeling you're missing out on all our snow, ice, freezing rain, slush, not to mention mud season which comes next.
But, if it makes you happy....

Best,

Mitchell
:ROTFL: Well....I live in the South for a reason ;) Ok...here are some more winter shots for you from last weekend

rsolti13

Some street shots from Bangkok this evening with the 50 Lux and M9. :)

Thanks
I am in awe of what you are able to capture on the streets! Great shots Charles. This one above is my favorite. Great capture to get the lights perfectly exposing the woman's face. The beautiful bokeh in the background doesn't hurt either ;)