The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rsolti13

Ashwin - two great shots posted. I really like the first one 'Drawing to a Close'

Matt - great shots from a place I would love to visit one day. That lens is definitely on my 'dream' list

rizz48 - great shot with the DR. Now, I thought the DR wasn't useable with the M8? Did you have to get it modified or does it just work?

There is an old abandoned hospital near the large park in downtown Savannah. It has been abandoned for over 20 yrs and it definitely shows. I love the look of the exterior but finally got a chance to walk in the other day when I saw that someone else had broken a window (shh!). I am not going to show the entire series...there is a ton of photos...but here are a few......all taken with the 35 Cron

seattlesteve

M9, 35mm Summilux ASPH, pre-focused to about 1.2 meters, hip-shot.

I grabbed this photo a couple days ago as a dog approached me with a very deliberate stride. :shocked: Luckily, it turns out he was just curious about me.

M9, 35mm Summmilux ASPH II

thrice

Haven't had much time to shoot 'for me' since I got a full time shooting job using *shudder* canon 500D + 10-22mm. I always thought that the 10-22 was meant to be good but the softness (below f/8) and fringing (at all apertures) is horrid!

Anyway, two happy snaps at my friend's birthday (he's the elder child in red). 50mm Sonnar @ f/2.8 (mine is 1.5 optimised)

Wow these definitely pop more on my wide gamut monitor than my older LCD (which are side by side).

thrice

rsolti I love the green paint tin shot!
Steve, the black dog picture is wonderful, well done for a hip shot!

Daniel...

great stuff. I totally know what you mean. I have an Apple 20" LCD parked next to my 27" iMac. HUGE difference. But that works to your advantage when editing for web photos. It's a good second check since most people don't have high end monitors when viewing photos.

CharlesK

Matt and Ashwin .... thank you for your comments!

Ashwin, excellent shots! Brilliant composition and feel to #1 :thumbup:
Ryan, great series! Great stuff. :thumbs:
Daniel, nice shots :)
Jason, beautiful series of shots. Which lens BTW

Some from this afternoon at Ratchaburi, with the 35 Lux II and M9.

50 Lux back in Bangkok

Lloyd

Wow, wow, wow! We're rockin' and rollin' on the thread the last couple of days. Amazing work everyone.

Ashwin: "Drawing to a close" and "Heading off into the distance" are terrific.
Otto: Again, welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to sort out my instructions, the large image looks great. I for one will not be getting tired of the shots of your daughter. Excellent work.
Matt: More nice shots from Hawaii. Love the scene from the Hotel, great view. I'm impressed you got close enough to that parrot to take that shot with the 24mm! Those guys can take off a finger in a heartbeat!
Ryan: I may have commented before, but I'm enjoying your street shots. Very nice.
Dan: Love how that 24 renders. Thanks for sharing.
Rizz48: That's a terrific shot with the 50DR. Great first post, glad to have you join the fun.
Ryan: The abandoned hospital series is terrific, top to bottom. I especially like the green paint shot.
Seattle Steve: Amazing "hip shot'. Really like the second shot too... wonderful depth, and really nice b/w tonalities.
Daniel: Looks like your friend had a nice birthday celebration. Thanks for sharing those great pix.
Jason: Those flower shop shots are stunners!! What are you shooting there? Doesn't look like your 40/1.4
Charles: More terrific stuff from Thailand. That last one is priceless.

D

denoir

Great thread, and great photos guys. :)

I'm primarily a landscape photographer, but I've been experimenting lately with more graphically expressive shots with an emphasis on simplified forms, colors and textures captured in an urban environment. So my first post here isn't really representative of my usual stuff.

Mostly 90/2 Cron (pre-ASPH), as it's my newest lens, but there's a 35 Lux ASPH and a 75 Cron in there as well:

cheers
Luka

Last edited:

shtarka1

Steve, Slick ip Shot Of The Dog! Love It!

Daniel, Adorable Takes At The B-Day Party!

Ryan,Nice Color & Comps At The Hospital!

Charles, Exceptional Shots With The Extremely Rare 35 Lux II!

Jason, Popping Color On The Flowers!

RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd, Ashwin and Charles :salute:

----------
So many nice pics posted since last night:

Ashwin, you keep raising the ante! What else do you have in the vault? :eek:
Two superb shots, both wonderful composition and light, but that first one, man, awesome with the "shape" of the person! I'm convinced that there must be some HCB blood in your veins. :thumbup:

Matt, wonderful pics of Hawaii, I like how you managed to get some bokeh out of a 24mm lens on that parrot shot :LOL:

rizz48, welcome and nice work with the 50CronDR. Classic lens and rendering!

Ryan, wonderful set, very nice colors and detail. #5 & 9 are my favorites of this set.

Steven, very nice "hip" shot!

Daniel, nice to see you back here, nice happy snaps! I'm quite sure you'll appreciate the M9 even more after shooting the 500D?

Jason, nice set, like the last shot best!

Charles, you make my 35Lux ASPH v1 seems soft :LOL: Excellent set as always! Really like your color pp work.

Luka, great to see you here. I'm sure you'll enjoy this thread. Stunning work as always!

----
Joe :salute: