The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Thanks Lloyd, Ashwin and Charles :salute:

Ashwin, you keep raising the ante! What else do you have in the vault? :eek:
Two superb shots, both wonderful composition and light, but that first one, man, awesome with the "shape" of the person! I'm convinced that there must be some HCB blood in your veins. :thumbup:

----
Joe :salute:
Joe, you are way too kind. HCB is sort of my personal photo hero, along with Capa and a few others...to be even mentioned at all in the same sentence makes me blush...you are too kind, but you have nailed it on the head that in my dreams, I wish I were HCB....

Thanks to everyone for their kind words (Steve, Lloyd, Matt, Charles, Luka, Joe, Endre, Ceh, and others whom I have missed....). The game has been continuously stepped up here, as witnessed by so many wonderfully talented new additions to our Leica forum photo thread. Keep up the great work, everyone. I am impressed and inspired!

ashwinrao1

A few more from my journeys. I am nearing the end of my photos from India. The vault is nearly empty, thoughly shaken, turned upside down & whatnot, so we'll see if there's anything left inside:

Can't recall whether I posted these ones...

m_driscoll

Steve: Thanks! :D That lagoon is there so you don't have to be bothered by the Ocean waves (actually a pretty safe place for kids).
Rizz: Cool! Great isolation and composition. :thumbup:
Rsolti: Thanks. :D It is a nice place to visit.
Great photos from the abandoned hospital. My favorite kind of place. Excellent pp, composition, and range of images. #'s 1 and 9 are my favorites. :thumbs:
Steven: Really nice "hip shot"! :thumbup:
Daniel: Work can get in the way. Fun birthday shots. :thumbup:
Jason: I really like the rose closeup and the two women examining the bouquet. All have super IQ. :salute:
Charles: Nice range of portraits. The positioning of the two men and the boy in the first image and the focus works really well. The man in back is just soft enough to bring attention back to two in front. :thumbs:
Lloyd: Thanks! :D The bird was well trained to deal with everybody walking by (probably sedated?).
Charles: Thanks! My favorite, too.
<2814

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Great thread, and great photos guys. :)
I'm primarily a landscape photographer, but I've been experimenting lately with more graphically expressive shots with an emphasis on simplified forms, colors and textures captured in an urban environment. So my first post here isn't really representative of my usual stuff.
Mostly 90/2 Cron (pre-ASPH), as it's my newest lens, but there's a 35 Lux ASPH and a 75 Cron in there as well:

cheers
Luka
Luka, stunning shots!!!
Wow! Big, huge +1 from me. Welcome to the forum Luka.:thumbup:
Luka: Big +1! Really stunning. Very graphic and elegantly composed. Strong lines, pattern and texture. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Wow folks, there's some truly excellent work here this week.

Luka - very impressive. That's a great look that you have going there. Very nice. :thumbs:

m_driscoll

Matt, wonderful pics of Hawaii, I like how you managed to get some bokeh out of a 24mm lens on that parrot shot :LOL:...
Joe :salute:
Joe: Thanks! :D Wide open, that lens has a really nice rendering.

Ok, a couple of more conventional shots:

Luka: Very nice again! Your "conventional" photos share a lot of the same terrific qualities of your earlier set. Albeit, visually less complex and calmer. They have strong lines and are elegantly composed with a limited number of "main" elements (3-4) in a discernible order. Beautiful, natural, color. IMHO, of course. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

More magic Luka. Especially, to me, the last two.

BTW, I really enjoyed your website. Fun to review the images by the lens used.
Luka: +1 from me, too. Lovely B & W's

Very nice Doug. Gorgeous bokeh with that 90 Cron.
Doug: +1! You have cherries blossoming in Tennessee? :thumbup:

Thanks Steve. And as a proud father, I'll post 2 more. :D
M8 / CV 40 Nokton

OttO.
OttO: These are great! Cherish the moment. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A few more from my journeys. I am nearing the end of my photos from India. The vault is nearly empty, thoughly shaken, turned upside down & whatnot, so we'll see if there's anything left inside:

Can't recall whether I posted these ones...
Ashwin: Don't you have a day job. Or, is it the inch of rain in 10 mins. that fell today keeping you at the computer. :LOL:
As usual, these are brilliant! I love what you captured in these three. Exquisitely timed and masterfully composed. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

The Marina at the E. end of Waikiki; exercising in the Hilton Village garden, and another bird.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/16; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/4.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/750s @ f/2.4; -1/3 EV; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt

CharlesK

Steve and Matt... thank you :)
Ashwin, stunning shots! I am always amazed as to you how you see these shots, and then deliver. :thumbs:

shtarka1

Ash,KMallick,Otto,Matt...Man Just when you thought it cant get any better than this! I'm Truly Blown Away!!!:salute:

D

denoir

Thanks Doug, Jerry, Charles, Steve & Steve, Ashwin & Matt! :)

Doug, nice shots with the 90 Cron!

Ahwin, great shots from India! Difficult to pick out a favorite, but I guess #5 & #6.

Matt, very nice shots - really cool rendering of that parrot. :)

Charles, great shots! Love the geometry of #3 and the 'impossible' angles in #4.

rsolti13

How great it is to sit down and see a couple of pages of great work in the morning....great thread!!!!

Luka - Great to see you here....I think the M picture thread on FM is officially dead :)

Ashwin - Great series! Love them all, particularly #2. I went to your blog and saw many of those shots there...what a trip you had!

Matt - great work with the 24. Amazing how you were able to get so close to the parrot

Charles - great portraits in particular. The rendering of that lens is amazing! I hope to have the VI soon :)

Pictures......

D

denoir

Nice series Ryan!

Luka - Great to see you here....I think the M picture thread on FM is officially dead :)
Thanks! As for FM - nah, I don't think so. They're different. This is more a pure picture thread while the one on FM contains much more technical discussions around the lenses and the cameras - as it's the only Leica thread there.

A few more from the construction site abstracts set:

rsolti13

You Swedes love your yellows and blues :) . You're area sure does have great colors around it.

Is the first shot really wide open? For being 'softer' wide open it sure looks sharp to me. I do think though that the first shot would benefit from being shot closer to f/5.6 or so