The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Mattt, this image is so rich. The colors are amazing...Too bad the Sox aren't living up to billing, but it's only 4 games in...My Indians got them this time ;)
Ashwin: Thanks! :D The Indians, huh? There are 25,000 tickets still available for Sunday's Mariner's game. :cry:

135 Apo T.
Bill: Startling splash of red. Well done! :thumbup:

. . . . . the only world series I have ever attended! Standing room only tickets for games 1 & 2, paid a ticket collection $5.00 to sneak through the turn-style for game 6, and he was later busted and could not find a way into game 7. Bob Gibson won all three of his games (1, 4, & 7) and Jim Lonborg won two (2 & 5) and lost to Gibson in game 7. The cardiac kids in '67 were exciting, where previously the red sox were cellar dwellers for early sixties and a boy could get into the game for 50 cents bleacher seats and 75 cents for the right field grandstand.

The power of pictures, thanks for evoking the memory!

BTW . . . . . a beautiful shot!
Dan: Thank you. sir! :D Great story. It's in the window of a shop in Georgetown if you're interested.

Matt, nice shots, the sax player is special, a wonderful capture. Were they taken down in Georgetown?
Dan: Thanks! :D She was just outside the Fremont Neighborhood Market last Sunday.

Thanks to Ashwin, Matt, Steve, CEH, Charles, Lloyd, and Bill for your kind words, they are always appreciated.
. . . . . when out for a walk on Sunday, I came across this duck, all the rest of the ducks got up, moved on, and quacked a bit since I disturbed them . . . . . except this one who decided to just sit there and not move . . . . .
THE MALLARD IN BALLARD
M9 with the Voigtlander Nokton ASPH 50/1.5
Dan: Nice capture. Beautiful color and mallard. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Very nice both. Great reflection here.
CEH: Another really nice one. Looks like that kid is waxing the edge of that wall.
+1 from here. Very nice. Love the quality of the light especially.
Tofa/Ceh/Bill: +1! What Lloyd said. :thumbs::thumbup:

What memories this evokes!! That really was a long time ago, but it is a season that stands out in my mind, as it does for Dan.

The Red Sox really were pitiful for much of the 60s... I think they lost 100 games in 1965, for example. The 1967 season was a bit of a surprise, as I don't think anyone really thought they do much better than they had before. In my mind, two things stand out from that season: the first was Tony Conigliaro, who for me was about as exciting to as anyone in baseball (except for maybe Yaz :)), and who was having a terrific season until he was beaned in August by a pitcher for the Angels. He was lost for the season, and I really thought that would spell the end for the Sox that season as well. Fortunately, I was wrong, and Yastrzemski, who was having his breakout season (the other thing that stands out), led them to the AL pennant, and the World Series.

As much as the loss in game 7 was a huge disappointment, and it truly was, the season as a whole, "the impossible dream", was so amazing that I was able to get over that disappointment pretty quickly.

I didn't attend a single game that entire season, as we were on a western swing of our pendular existence between my mother's hometown of Boston, and my father's home on "the Res", but I listened to as many games as I could get (we only had one TV station available on the res back then, and never saw a baseball game all year), and followed the Sox via the newspaper and The Sporting News. (My mother is a HUGE Red Sox fan, and we followed the team together. As a child, she sat by the radio with a scorebook, and scored every game. Now in her 80s, she still has stacks of old scorebooks.) Yes, 1967 was a memorable year!
Lloyd: Great story! I'm glad i posted that photo. :cool:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

sjg284

I am woefully behind this week. Lovely stuff all!
I am off on a much needed vacation so I should hopefully come back with something in 2 weeks.

Some of my faves...
ceh - timeless, classic
denoir - love the tonality, contrast
Bill - well captured moment, color, contrast of India
Jono - Great color, and just love the scale of this.. man vs nature
Charles, your shots always make me long for the beach.. and this one feels like it has a bit more storytelling with the onlooking woman
ShiroKuro - well captured, good natured, fun shot.. reminds me of some of the famous street photographers who had a certain sense of humor to their works
cableguy55 - very cool photo, makes me want to travel to thailand right now

Lloyd

Trying to get a shot of my granddaughter putting together the wooden train. She caught me taking this first shot, and asked to see the picture. After that, she started posing, and moving around the room suggesting shots. She'd comment on each, and then try something new. Only two and a budding model/critic.

All with the M8, CV 15/4.5 combo:

This is the shot she busted me on.

She looked at this one and said, "That's silly Papa. That's a bad shot!"

Lucky for me, she liked this one:

Before this one she said, "Take a picture of me with the flower." Then reached back over her head and grabbed it.
Fortunately for me, the shot received her approval.

sjg284

Lloyd- A cute set! Sometimes it's good to have an editor ;-)

Trying to get a shot of my granddaughter putting together the wooden train. She caught me taking this first shot, and asked to see the picture. After that, she started posing, and moving around the room suggesting shots. She'd comment on each, and then try something new. Only two and a budding model/critic.

All with the M8, CV 15/4.5 combo:

This is the shot she busted me on.

She looked at this one and said, "That's silly Papa. That's a bad shot!"

Lucky for me, she liked this one:

Before this one she said, "Take a picture of me with the flower." Then reached back over her head and grabbed it.
Fortunately for me, the shot received her approval.