The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

Mohammad beautiful photograph of Lake Berryessa, love the colors and the reflections!

Mike, love the shot, perhaps the cone should be a little bit closer the guy sunning himself.

Steve, love all your shots, but numbers 1 & 9 are my favorites, the portrait of the man is fantastic, the focus on both the man and dog is spot on!

Kevin, a couple of nice shots with the M8 and 35 lux, just seeing the sunshine was a treat. It is great to imagine what that young man is whispering in to her ear!

Carlos, love the dark and the light in your shot, the sky and clouds are wonderful!

Matt, I am going to have to wonder around Georgetown, it looks like a neat neighborhood with plenty of photo opportunities.

Joe, great airport shots, love #1, the gentleman appears to be looking right through you (or falling over, or maybe both) and the second shot looks like a hip shot while walking , nice capture.

Photojazz, looks like a great place to take a dip, at least a couple of months from now. Nice capture.

Woody, love your bokeh shots, The first one is my favorite and also attracted to number 5 with the yellow leaves with the green and brown background, a lovely shot.

baudolino, love the B&W shot of the horse, sharp with great detail and bokeh!

CEH, you have the eye, wonderful street shots, the children playing is enjoyable with their colors vs their shadows and black & white effect from the cobblestones is very nice.

Mike, love your first shot with the sailboats at low time. Great planing needed by the sailors for their departures and arrivals. Was this a super low tide or normal occurrence?

Lloyd, just fantastic shots of your beautiful grand daughter! Grandchildren is the wonderful benefit of getting older!

Bill, thanks for continuing the journey through India, wonder colors and beautiful scenery!

Thanks to everyone!

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

seakayaker

I hope i'm not boring you guys, but this is my ever first Panorama attempt, comments and suggestions are highly appreciated

M9 + 35mm cron + Leica Polarizer kit

8 images stitched in PS CS5
Mohammad, not boring at all, great shots of a beautiful spot. If the Morning Glory Spillway is nearby it would be great if you could post some photos of that, especially if the water is high and the spillway is in use.

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

thrice

A first for me, shooting a heavy/dark electronic music event. All with the 25/2.8 ZM Biogon wide open, a holga flash handheld and triggered wirelessly. The holga flash only has one setting and equates to f/8.0 at 1m So I stuffed some pec-pads inside it over the bulb, softens/weakens it a bit. There are some little coloured plastic filters you can rotate over the front of the flash to change the colour. Oh and camera of course the M9.

ashwinrao1

Stunning, Dan!!! Very unique, love the motion caused by the use of flash, lower aperture...Magnificent capture of colors as well! Like paintings to my eye

ashwinrao1

Cherry Blossoms + Spring + M9+0.95 or 135 Telyt or 35 'cron IV + University of Washington + Ashwin = the following captures

thrice

Thanks Ashwin :)
Great scenes around the cherryblossoms. I like the one of the 3 photographers and the on of the two kids in the tree :p
Do you find focusing the 135 APO-Telyt difficult?

ashwinrao1

Hi Dan,
The 135 APO-TELYT hasn't been difficult to focus. I forgot my 1.4x magnifier, but still hit focus reasonably well (see wedding captures)....I find the lens quite pleasing. Reminds me of the 90 elmarit in terms of rendering...