The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

. . . . . so many wonderful photographs being posted!

Boy and the Black Sun

M9 with Voigtlander Ultron ASPH 28mm 1.9

View towards Olympic Mountains from UW Tower

University of Washington Campus & Medical Center from UW Tower

M9 with Voigtlander Nokton ASPH 50mm f1.5

m_driscoll

Matt,
this is false facade - bottom view.
Ceh: Very cool. what's the facade look like?

Once again I'm amazed at how fast this thread moves at times. Away for a day, and a virtual explosion of wonderful images....
Matt: Cool, through the window series. All about art, right? I mean pool is an art form too, isn't it?...
Lloyd: Thanks. :D Probably not an art form the way I'd play it these days! :D

...M9 sensor gives the same result (dynamic range)...
I see it
in extreme conditions - my photos mountains..
Lloyd thank you..
M9,Nocti.1,0/50..
Ceh: These are really great landscapes. Very subtle , but distinct "layering". Very sharp ridge lines. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

35 cron asph
Steve: Great dark, obscure , with bits of color photo. That sounded odd, but, I like it. :thumbup:

A friend of mine HATES Leicas, so when I told him I bought one, he had to see it

He hated it so much he took this nice shot of me at f2 on my cron 50, and didnt put the camera down for 10-15 minutes!

here is a link to him using the M8 ( its not an M image so its a URL to flickr , he picked up on the technique really quickly)
PS : I took this forums advice and downloaded the trial of SIlver Efex Pro 2 :) nice software!
Dude: Never loan anyone your Leica!!! :)

Seattle View from the 22nd Floor of the University of Washington Tower in the U-District.
HDR Monochrome
HDR Color

M9 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50mm f1.5

Dan: Really nice. Not a view that I've ever seen before. Hard to believe the U of W took it over. It will always be the "Safeco Building" to me. 20 deg.to the right and you'd have my house. Good detail with the lens. What do you use to create the HDR? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Ceh: You have a knack for catching movement and vectors in your street work. another nice one. :salute:

Great photos on this thread (too many to list!)
Here is my contribution:
Bluebook: Very cool set of photos. This first one suits my mood today. :thumbup:

Just one more of the Taj, though no photo can really do it justice.
Bill: Hard to take photos of an iconic "architectural master work". I think this is your best one of it. Asymmetrical, people in perfect positions, an orange sari, and a great reflection. Terrific composition.:salute:

mAlKhamis: Excellent composition, detail and tone. :thumbup:

Boy and the Black Sun

Dan: Now you've got my house. It's just across the freeway overpass, up 45th, turn left at the Erotic Bakery, and go two blocks to the South. Right by the clump of trees. Amazing detail and pp. Excellent series. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A little Camellia Spring color from our yard (actually, very little in the first photo); and, the last, a flower that isn't in our yard.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 80

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/250s @ f/4.8; ISO 80

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/250s @ f/4.8; ISO 80

4. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/3.4; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

shtarka1

Steve: Nicely captured. Did you have a hit? :salute: :LOL:

Steve: I had to look a bit; but, this one made me laugh out loud, too. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, I Knew We were On The Same Page!;) Thanks Bud!
A little Camellia Spring color from our yard (actually, very little in the first photo); and, the last, a flower that isn't in our yard.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 80

4. M9; 50mm f/1.0 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/3.4; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

Creative,Striking Shots & PP Matt!

shtarka1

Boy and the Black Sun

Dan, Dreamy, Ethereal ,Creative First Shot & Crisp, Clear Beautiful Shots Of The University & Mountains! Well Done Sir!

seakayaker

A first for me, shooting a heavy/dark electronic music event. All with the 25/2.8 ZM Biogon wide open, a holga flash handheld and triggered wirelessly. The holga flash only has one setting and equates to f/8.0 at 1m So I stuffed some pec-pads inside it over the bulb, softens/weakens it a bit. There are some little coloured plastic filters you can rotate over the front of the flash to change the colour. Oh and camera of course the M9.

Super shots Daniel! . . . . . caused some flashbacks to the 60's . . . . .

Nicely Done!

seakayaker

Cherry Blossoms + Spring + M9+0.95 or 135 Telyt or 35 'cron IV + University of Washington + Ashwin = the following captures

Ashwin, beautiful shots of the U Campus in the Spring! No. 3 is my favorite from this group of the two children in the tree. I am also amazed at how many weddings parties pictures are taken on campus, the Bride & Groom with wedding party being led around the campus grounds for different photo ops.

seakayaker

From a few months ago out on Kaneohe Bay
M8 35 Summicron IV

Thanks for the comments on the previous images ... difficult to keep up ... great images all around . The M9 really sings in the right hands ....
Here are a few in color I took on the way home for work .

Also wanted to comment on the 35 summaron ... perfect match on the M8, for those you have not tried this lens I highly recommend it .Perfect day time walking around lens and it really seems to be a match for the M8 sensor .. love the way looks .. not really a technical review ; ) . Thanks Ashwin for the suggesting this lens . Also the the 90 is really great ... These vintage lenses are amazing and can be had for very reasonable prices ... Any way the M9 fund gets depleted once again :)
ShiroKuro, beautiful shots, love the couple on the boat and I am a sucker for a beach shot! I do have a copy of the 35 summaron, 1953 version I believe, and will have to break it out and give it a try on the M9.

Lloyd

28Cron from the weekend at one of the local parks in our town

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)
Another beauty. (BTW, my wife, along with 25,000 of her closest friends, as supposed to getting up a "Heartbreak" in your town next Monday. Sadly, she's injured, so she won't be there.)

mAlKhamis

Steve and Matt, thank you so much, so glad that you liked it !!

Dan, love your UW b&w shots, really heart taking views !!
Matt, Loved your last shot of the metal rose, the bokeh is just perfect !!
Joe, dude !! the Tree shot with 28 cron, is rocking, well done buddy !! and congrats for the arrival of 50mm lux, I'm also waiting for mine with tears !!