The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd :salute:

Sorry to hear about your wife's injury. Hope she recovers soon. I was thinking of going to Heartbreak hill to capture all the agony on everyones' faces but then there's also a Patriots day parade at Lexington that morning. Choices, choices....

Joe

Lloyd

Mike: Love the street shots in general, but that mannequin cracks me up!
Steve: Great stuff cuz. That sign cracks me up too... as does the salute it's getting.
Steve Chang: Mystical shot. Very nice.
Robert "Dude": Funny story. Let us know when your friend gets his Leica! Nice pic of you too.
Dan: You keep lining 'em up and hittin' 'em outta the park, Bro. Those shots of Seattle are nothing short of amazing!
Ceh: Steve is right, you really do have an amazing knack for catching the action and the angles.
Mohammad: Very interesting shot. Love that processing.
Matt: Love the flora set. Wonderful bokeh in there too.

seakayaker

Dan: Really nice. Not a view that I've ever seen before. Hard to believe the U of W took it over. It will always be the "Safeco Building" to me. 20 deg.to the right and you'd have my house. Good detail with the lens. What do you use to create the HDR? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

And

Dan: Now you've got my house. It's just across the freeway overpass, up 45th, turn left at the Erotic Bakery, and go two blocks to the South. Right by the clump of trees. Amazing detail and pp. Excellent series. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt
Matt, I recently picked up a copy of the NIK Complete Collection for Aperature or Lightroom at the University bookstore. The package includes all of Nik Software’s software titles: Dfine® 2.0, Viveza® 2, HDR Efex Pro™, Color Efex Pro™ 3.0, Silver Efex Pro™ 2, and Sharpener Pro™ 3.0.

I looked at the price of just picking up the Silver Efex Pro and paying a bit more for the whole package became appealing at the moment. (GAS)

Lots to learn, just need time and patience . . . . .

BTW, we are both Wallingford neighbors, my house did not make it in this particular picture, half block out of the frame to the north! I'll have to do a drive by and get a close up of the clump of trees, sort of like a satellite shot . . . . .

I frequently stop by the book store, Open Books, on 45th, which is kitty conner to the Erotic Bakery. Last week attended a reading by Bill O'Daly.

M9 with Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f1.8

Its a small world!

Last edited:

dude163

I was waiting for the sunet to appear after a rainstorm, but it had already set and this was quite a dark shot, luckily the cron 50 has an infinity lock! shot at f2!

seakayaker

As always, wonderful shots everyone! :thumbs:

My 50Lux ASPH finally arrived yesterday.

Cheers,
Joe :)

Joe, love the shot! Congrats on the 50 Lux!

Was the 50 lux ASPH a new lens? If so, where did you find one, and were you on a waiting list? Thanks, Dan

Lloyd

Matt, I recently picked up a copy of the NIK Complete Collection for Aperature or Lightroom at the University bookstore. The package includes all of Nik Software’s software titles: Dfine® 2.0, Viveza® 2, HDR Efex Pro™, Color Efex Pro™ 3.0, Silver Efex Pro™ 2, and Sharpener Pro™ 3.0.

I looked at the price of just picking up the Silver Efex Pro and paying a bit more for the whole package became appealing at the moment. (GAS)

Lots to learn, just need time and patience . . . . .

BTW, we are both Wallingford neighbors, my house did not make it in this particular picture, half block out of the frame to the north! I'll have to do a drive by and get a close up of the clump of trees, sort of like a satellite shot . . . . .

I frequently stop by the book store, Open Books, on 45th, which is kitty conner to the Erotic Bakery. Last week attended a reading by Bill O'Daly.

Its a small world!
Hey Dan. Congrats on the NIK collection. I sure do love mine. What you've shown us so far has been great (this b/w included), and I'm looking forward to more.

I was waiting for the sunet to appear after a rainstorm, but it had already set and this was quite a dark shot, luckily the cron 50 has an infinity lock! shot at f2!
Beautiful shot, Robert. Wonderful twilight colors there.

Lloyd

I got an M-mount version of the CV 15/4.5 a couple of weeks ago, and it literally hasn't been off my camera since I got it. I have the LTM version, which is a great lens, but I'm really enjoying this one.

Just playing around here with the light through the blinds. Both with the M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide combo.

RF_Licks

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. Although I must say, I'm lagging far behind in terms of "ammunition" compared to many others on this thread. Slippery path my friend, as you probably already know. :D
Dan, thanks! ... and Excellent B&W with the 75 Heliar. Nice work there! I got the 50Lux new. Just sent you a pm.
Lloyd, lovely shadow play on the first shot and congrats on your new lens. Is that a Martin or Taylor?

Joe

shtarka1

Its a small world!
Dan, Love the Contrast,Comp & Subjects! So Sharp too!

Dude, Intense Color & Pending Storm!:)
I got an M-mount version of the CV 15/4.5 a couple of weeks ago, and it literally hasn't been off my camera since I got it. I have the LTM version, which is a great lens, but I'm really enjoying this one.

Just playing around here with the light through the blinds. Both with the M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide combo.

Lloyd Shadow Play,Comp & Frame! Nice Wide! I've Got That Lens Coming Any Day Now!:)

Lloyd

Hey, John Lennon and Paul McCartney used an Epiphone too! You're with the greats!!

Joe
You're right, of course. Just that I always wanted a Martin or a Taylor, like I always want a lens I don't have! (And saying I'm "with the greats", is like saying because I shoot with a Leica that I'm Cartier-Bresson! :D Lennon and McCartney could, well, do a bit more with their Epiphone guitars than I can do with mine. :cool:)

Lloyd Shadow Play,Comp & Frame! Nice Wide! I've Got That Lens Coming Any Day Now!:)
Thanks Steve. I have a sneaking suspicion you're gonna like it. :thumbup:

bluebook

Joe - Your new 50 lux is so sharp that my eyes are already bleeding :)
shtarka1 - Thanks for the comment! It was really a lucky shot, helped by zone focus. Also, I hope I run into either you or Joe some time.
Lloyd - Nice capture. Just wondering--do you experience color casting with 15mm on M8 by any chance? Did it require fixing?

Lloyd

Lloyd - Nice capture. Just wondering--do you experience color casting with 15mm on M8 by any chance? Did it require fixing?
Hmm... not that I've noticed. I shot a lot with the LTM version, and did get red vignetting when it was not coded or covered with a UV/IR filter. But not a general color caste.

I've been shooting the M version for a couple of weeks now, and have not noticed one with it either. I posted some shots of my granddaughter back a couple of pages, and those were straight out of the camera, with resizing and sharpening for the web.

shtarka1

Yes Dear...

The "Hempest"...

3 Cheers For The...

Red Sox Nation...2 & 9..Oy!

Jobs,Genius,Usher...

Sharp Dressed Man...

"I'll Get You My Pretty!"

M9, 35 Lux asph, M8.2, 90 Cron asph:)