The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

Dan and Matt ... thanks guys :) Matt, yes it was tough evening doing the street shot!
Dan, very nice night shot! I do prefer the colour version :)
Matt, great shots! I love the Nocti rendering!!

Shots this afternoon, from Fingal Heads, in NSW, as Autumn is in full swing and the weather is cooling. All shots are with the 28 Cron, except #4 which with the 75 Lux. Thanks :)

Charles, Your Shots Always Make Me Sigh & Long To "Get Outa Dodge"! Man Do Need Some Of That! Superb Sir!

ashwinrao1

Charles, another magnificent series. I agree with CEH. Those Aussie ladies that you have over there are quite the lookers...impressive! Your beach series should become a book, I believe. Great, lovely evocative series, that is quite cohesive taken together. Great stuff!

ashwinrao1

++1!

Matt, some beautiful shots from the Market!

. . . . . something from the other night.

M9 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50mm f1.5
Fantastic, Dan! I love the near dual tone look here. THanks for your kind words, by the way!

Looking forward to a warmer weather get together, GetDPI style

ashwinrao1

Well while not stunning photography, I do have a post.... first the good stuff...

Well, things didn't go as well as planned yesterday at the 20 week ultrasound. Everything was moving along nicely, but at the end, the noticed an abnormality in the right lower leg. From there, Jenny and nugget underwent a full battery of additional tests including an amnio. I almost deleted the card.

Both of us being above 40 and flying solo (no fertility treatments or therapy of any kind), we were very high risk going into this. Earlier screenings were all excellent, so we weren't expecting ANYTHING negative at all.

Yesterday was a hard day because this was very unexpected and the reaction at the hospital was so severe. In short, the lower right leg below the knee is not developing at the same rate as the rest of the body. That''s what we knew yesterday.

Today we got a much better and more positive picture. It looks like Nugget's leg bumped up against something that's called a band. It's a stretch of fiber in the womb. In doing so, it may have damaged blood vessels in the leg that lead to a slower development. That being said, the odds of it being a chromesonal or genetic issue are pretty much zero. Secondly the difference at this point is only 5mm which is small, but still significant. In the ultrasound, the right foot is flexed up too much. There will no doubt be some surgery and therapy involved, but considering what it may have been it's not nearly as bad as it seemed or felt yesterday. Also, the right lower leg is still in the 11th percentile for growth. So that's a good thing as well in that it may not be as severe as they were thinking yesterday.

Otherwise, the baby seems very healthy. And after that surprise yesterday, we decided no more surprises and found out today that Nugget's a girl!
Jason,
Thanks for sharing this very personal story with us. I wish you the very best of luck, and hopefully these things will work themselves out with the pregancy. I can imagine how stressful that it can be!

dude163

Dude, this is fantastic!!! Love the OOF flag. Very patriotic!

I finally got to see the benefit of a RF not blocking the shot :)
I waited a few seconds as the flag was flapping and I knew I grabbed it as it was extended , what a weird feeling compared to the SLR shoot>lcd check>shoot etc

thanks

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Thank you all for the nice comments on my pictures !
Right now I´m really busy so I cant comment on every nice picture that has been posted here since my first pictures so I´m saying it all-in-one :

Nice pictures everybody !

So many different subjects, views and styles... Very nice and a pleasure to view !

++1!

Welcome!

The rusted car was wonderful but my favorite one is . . . . . .

. . . . . continuous rain in Seattle, at least that's how it is starting to feel, and the shot of the blue sky, sunshine and beach was Outstanding! A welcome relief!
Thank you :) Right now this picture is my desktop background at work and "it" trys to work against the -not so nice- mood I often get because of the weather here in germany :D

Here are some more pictures from Mallorca Feb 2011.

Enjoy :)

CharlesK

fotoingo, nice shots! I do really like #1 and 4 :)

Shot in line with our oncoming winter from yesterday, with the 28 Cron and M9. Thanks :)

Lloyd

Thank you all for the nice comments on my pictures !
Right now I´m really busy so I cant comment on every nice picture that has been posted here since my first pictures so I´m saying it all-in-one :

Nice pictures everybody !

So many different subjects, views and styles... Very nice and a pleasure to view !

Thank you :) Right now this picture is my desktop background at work and "it" trys to work against the -not so nice- mood I often get because of the weather here in germany :D

Here are some more pictures from Mallorca Feb 2011.

Enjoy :)
A really great set of images, Ingo. Wonderful color, interesting subjects, and all around very, very nice images. Thanks for sharing.