The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Vlad

I've been in China for the last 10 days or so. Some images follow.

M9 + 50mm Lux 2 frames stitched.

I recently ran into a gentleman from Germany while skiing in Lake Placid, the company he works for has the exclusive contract with Apple to produce the large glass panels used for all the Apple stores worldwide. Apparently Steve Jobs pitched in to the company to get a larger furnace to accomodate the lengthy panels, the previous furnace didn't cut it.

Matt...

You liking the Zeiss? Pro's/Con's over the 'Cron?

Woody... fantastic China shots. Makes me want to rob a bank or something for the M9 24 lux combo!

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Matt...

You liking the Zeiss? Pro's/Con's over the 'Cron?

Woody... fantastic China shots. Makes me want to rob a bank or something for the M9 24 lux combo!
The 24 lux is a just right lens for me. I'm a wide shooter. The 24 is controllable by me in terms of geometric distortion and filling the frame, but just barely. I find that control is much harder with a 21. At f1.4 this lens provides an opportunity for wonderful effects - especially with a .9 ND filter that facilitates shooting wide open in daylight. At f1.4 the bokeh is slightly harsh (as it is with most highly corrected fast lenses) but at least there is bokeh as opposed to everything in focus. I use the Zeiss 24mm supplemental finder which I find to be optimum in terms of flatness of field and brightness. You get used to framing slightly outside of the lines. The lens is not perfect but I have a LR preset that addresses purple fringing (and a majority of my work is grayscale) and the vignetting (which results from the cosine law) is part of its look. I use this lens a lot - since I've had it I get less use out of my beloved 28 cron.

mAlKhamis

Woody, the stairs shot, is a killer, amazing composition, great job !

Steve, love your set, specially your hand shot, well done my friend

David, i'm just in love with your B&W conversions, amazing set, well done !!