The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Lloyd, it was great hanging out with ya, and thanks to everyone for commenting and coming along for the laugh...the shots the paddle shot, is the black and white chair. Amazing how you captured the light!

I was fully complicit, though not particularly guilty, in the taking of that "shot"....ouch...haha

Matt, you showed that to your wife? hahah....gosh, what'll she think of me! Speaking of which, we are long due for a photo stroll, and you are working MAGIC with that CV35! What compelled you to snag that...Is the Leica 35 long gone? Regardless, the images show wonderful character and terrific processing

Steve, thanks for the kind words, my friend. One of these days, I'll make it back out to Boston to hang out with you....

Jason, yes, we all need to make more of a habit of getting everyone together. I had a great time in Salt Lake and Antelope Island with Lloyd and had the great pleasure of also meeting Steve K (kuau) for lunch with Lloyd.

Charles, I am laughing with you when I saw that spank shot....

Geno, great shots.

To everyone above and everyone else, apologies for being away and not commenting. I have been drowning in conferences with no WiFi to enjoy....More comments (and images to come)

Geno

Washington state?
Close. :) Sumas Prairie, on the Canadian side.

I sure enjoyed shooting with Ashwin's 35 Lux II. Sweet lens.
And you certainly took some sweet shots with it.

Shots from last night at a horse reining show. With the 35 Lux Asph II, M9 at iso 1250 wide open f/1.4
Please don't show anything faster than 2.0. I've already spent enough money for the next while. :)

Outstanding! When we went to La Conner, a few weeks ago, they hadn't really started to bloom like this. Impressive. I didn't know they had tulip fields this large by Sumas.
As far as I know there is this one and another just north of it. With all the Dutch we have around here, I'm sure there are more.

Love the market shots. Especially the tulips! :D

shtarka1

Lloyd and Ashwin, what a fun trip!!! LOL
Lloyd, stunning set of shots! I particularly love the last two shots! Beautiful colours and rendering:) :thumbup:

peterc, beautiful capture of the hot air ballon!
Geno, great tulips shots:)
GMB, amazing pano shot!

Shots from last night at a horse reining show. With the 35 Lux Asph II, M9 at iso 1250 wide open f/1.4

Charles, I Tip My 10 Gallon Hat To You Partner! Magnificent!!!

CharlesK

Matt and Steve, thanks for the kind words :)

Matt, super set of shots! I love the PP :)
Steve, very nice set. Love the the shot of boots to fill:)

sjg284

Great stuff all week gents.
Charles - lovely portrait series
Steve - great b&w street as always
Matt - great market shots, love the pp
Lloyd - looks like you & ash had some fun, nice set
Ash - looks like you ended up on the wrong end of the camera!
GMB - great pano stitch job. i can see my office..
Peter - all 3 great shots, love the lighting & style... but i wanna see them bigger next post !! ;-)
Geno - love the industrial series. especially #2 #3 #4
Dude - green & purple, great!

Mike Woods

Nice shots Lloyd. I understand that people can pay good money for this kind of treatment :eek:

Nice to see Ash not giving up the Leica too easily :D

Wow. Impressive image!! :bugeyes:
Agreed. Impressive indeed.

first time posting here...

m9 + 50/1.5 sonnar - irvine, ca
Really like this one :thumbup:

Ok, I'm off to play with my new Think Tank Retrospective 5....Another camera bag - I think she might kill me :deadhorse:

Mike

dude163

That balloon pic is awesome!

Ashwin can never run for public office now, unless he moves to the UK

My elmarit 135 showed up, Im not sure if I like it or not yet, is that weird?

Lloyd

Terrific stuff everyone. I'll try to comment more specifically later. I've had a busy morning. More on that (and pix) later as well.

In the meantime, I just wanted everyone to know something about Ashwin. Not only was he kind enough to let me shoot most of the day with his 35 Lux ASPH II (and yes, I covet... oh yes, it's true), but he was also very generous to other people as well. For instance, as you can see below, he let my friend, Lefty, try out his M9! How nice is that? I mean really!

M8, 35 Cron:

ashwinrao1

For instance, as you can see below, he let my friend, Lefty, try out his M9! How nice is that? I mean really!

M8, 35 Cron:

Hi Lloyd,
I hope that the busy morning provided just rewards. I know that some stuff was in the works. I spent yesterday in Zion and Bryce...great pics, to be shared soon, once I am home and can download images.

As for sharing, I love to do that, even if guys like Lefty come up and just grab ;)

Geno

Anybody ever try Pixelbender? Seems kind of cool for one or two photos a year. :)

This is done with a very small amount.