The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

Truly Fantastic, Woody!
+++5

Woody, the black & white photograph with the water, island and fog was my favorite out of the two posted for the day.

. . . . . and join in with the others who have stated, Fantastic, Outstanding, most Definitely a/and Great Shot!

seakayaker

Dan, Incredible Shot & PP! Nice To See You & Congrats On the New 35 Lux asph!!! (I Think?!:confused::))
Thanks for the Kind words Steve. The 35 Lux Asph was a used, year 2000 model that I was lucky enough to find.

. . . . . also thanks to Mohammad, Lloyd, Mark, and Ashwin for you kind words as well!

dude163

so we had 31 days of rain, 1 warm sunset then a hot day (26C!) , then its rained again today and its 5C , man I love living here! blech

here are a few shots I took during the warm sunset
can you guess the lens on my M8?

Lloyd

Trying out a new lens in the front yard. Cropped and un-cropped.

M8.2; CV 40mm f/1.4 SC; 1/3000s @ f/1.7; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Love the Bokeh... and to my eye the cropped version is the clear winner.

A couple in B & W.

1. M8.2; CV 40mm f/1.4 SC; 1/500s @ f/2.0; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

Really nice b/w. I think that 40/1.4 SC really shines when shooting b/w (Great on color too, but I'm just sayin')

BTW, I didn't realize you still had the M8.2. Glad to see you're putting it to good use.

Lloyd

so we had 31 days of rain, 1 warm sunset then a hot day (26C!) , then its rained again today and its 5C , man I love living here! blech

Really nice, Robert. (I feel your pain in the weather. We've been in the very same boat.)

m_driscoll

Robert: Can't guess the lens. Beautiful images, though. I esp. like this one.

This a really powerful shot, Ashwin. Wonderful b/w, and so fun of light. Reminds me of the shot of Manhattan's lower East side, just after the turn of the 20th century...
Lloyd: Good call! Exactly what it look like.

Love the Bokeh... and to my eye the cropped version is the clear winner.

Really nice b/w. I think that 40/1.4 SC really shines when shooting b/w (Great on color too, but I'm just sayin')

BTW, I didn't realize you still had the M8.2. Glad to see you're putting it to good use.
Lloyd: Thank you, sir! :D The lens does have unique bokeh. A little jagged in some photos if you bring the contrast in the background up too much. Yep, still have the 8.2. Great camera.

Cheers, Matt

dude163

thanks guys, its an Elmarit 135/2.8 , those shots were from about 3-4 metres away!

cheers
now its raining again, I know 2 things
1: I hate rain
2: Id never move to Seattle or Vancouver!

dude163

Leica glow? or newsprint?

my 4 yr old nephew drawing, shot from another room using the Elmarit 135 , 1/45th of a sec handheld on my M8

seakayaker

Robert, a beautiful photograph of your son!

It looks like you are enjoying the 135/2.8 and I look forward to see more shots from this lens in the future. Is this the lens with the goggles?

seakayaker

One from the traffic circle. Planting's a bit out of control.

M8.2; CV 40mm f/1.4 SC; 1/1500s @ f/2.0; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

Lloyd: Thank you, sir! :D The lens does have unique bokeh. A little jagged in some photos if you bring the contrast in the background up too much. Yep, still have the 8.2. Great camera.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, nice detail of the poppies in the circle! It does appear that you are enjoying the 40/1.4.

. . . . . I sold my M8.2 to help finance the M9, I wish I could have kept it, I loved it, it had a nice feel in my hands . . . . . after picking up a couple of more lens to go with the M9 it will be awhile before I have a second body . . . . .

seakayaker

thanks guys, its an Elmarit 135/2.8 , those shots were from about 3-4 metres away!

cheers
now its raining again, I know 2 things
1: I hate rain
2: Id never move to Seattle or Vancouver!

Robert, if you spent a winter or two in Seattle or Vancouver you would see and feel the difference. We keep the snow in the mountains where it belongs and have mild weather down in the city.

In Seattle only a few days a year does the temperature get below freezing and the rain is always good for the fish and the flowers!

Never say Never! :D :D :D

seakayaker

Picked up a used 35 Lux a couple of weeks ago and have little time to get out and shoot so a few random shots.

Tulips & Daffodils in Front of the Black Sun

Cactus at Volunteer Park Conservatory

I Feel Respected

M9 with 35 LUX