The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

dude163

Thanks! it makes all the bugbites bearable :)

this was after we left the woods and had a walk on the boardwalk by the river in the last vestiges of sunlight

At the boardwalk a guy had a 10th anniversary Nissan 280ZX , in the sunset it looked awesome with the lens flare from my old lens, but I couldnt decide if I liked it better in Black and White or Colour, so here are both of them.

The B+W one has better definition on the headlight and the Z on the hood

The colour shot shows the golden sunset colours better and the reflections on the fender

Last edited:

seakayaker

Thanks !! glad the Roller Derby shots were enjoyed .... I remember watching the roller derby on tv when I was kid along with wrestling ... Chief Jay Strongbow ; ).. had no idea the roller derby was a local sport happening all around the US , any way lot's of fun shooting with a rangefinder ....Here is my Memorial Day pic ....

M8 18 mm SuperElmar
Wow!! LOVE this one!!
++2!

Great shot, appropriate for Memorial Day, thanks for posting.

Saturday mornings, roller derby rocked, there were lots of ice skating rings in Boston but roller skating rinks were few in number. Two of the wrestlers that I remember from the late 50's, early 60's were Haystack Calhoun and Killer Kowalski.

seakayaker

Love this one!

M8/50 'cron from today:

Regards

Mike
Mike: Somehow kafkaesque to me, absolutely great capture! :thumbs::thumbs: Also right choice, that you resisted to convert to B&W (just my vote), though it would be great in B&W no doubt nevertheless ... Truely Oustanding.

Best regards Hermann
Mike: I like the way that your vignetting's isolated him on the platform with his arms spread in anticipation of... :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Another nice catch Mike. :thumbup:
Mike - Love this one too, love the mood/look
Mike, the jumping guy shot, is just pure drama and coolness, well done !
++++6!

Mike wonderful shot!

. . . . . looks like he is about to dive into a bucket of water!

seakayaker

Dan, thank you so much, i love the 35mm cron, however i'm just wondering, should replace it with 35mm lux!!! not sure yet !!

Dan, the cruise ship terminal has amazing colors and contrasts, as well as the Street performance shot, excellent job!
First of all thanks for your kind words.

I sold my my 35 cron and was fortunate enough to find a 35 lux to replace it. Both lens were in the 9 to 10 year old range from their serial numbers. The price difference reflected the same margin as if buying new.

The 35 cron I owned was a beautiful lens and is worth owning. I am not disappointed with the Lux at all and over the next several months I will see if the 35 lux was worth the upgrade cost when replacing the cron.

I did plan on being patient, then one appeared and GetDPI creed came upon me, "Buy Now Explain Later."

The good news is that when I sold my 35 cron it was a break even deal after owning it about a year and I am hopeful that the Lux will prove to retain its value as we are seeing today.

seakayaker

Thanks for the comments on the previous set ... here are some from a roller derby event I went to today ... very challenging but fun to shoot ...

Leica M8 / 90 Elmar / 18 Super Elmar
Nice results. I really like this one. (We've watched a few of these around here. I wouldn't want to meet these women in a dark alley!)
Speak for yourself :)

nice ROller derby shots

Shiro: The high contrast and shadow work really well to give this set it's tough, darkness. Seems to suit "Evil". Great compositions. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

Shiro - Great series.. these are my faves. Making me want that 18..

+++++5! Shiro, Super shots! . . . . . looks like a much tougher spot for the girls when they take a tumble . . . . hard wood floor in the rink compared to the asphalt in a parking lot.

seakayaker

All of these pictures were taken at sunset or later. The person in the first photo is a friend and she really does have hair that purple, you usually just have to catch it in the right light to see it shine.

I dont know who sho the purple haired woman but that shot and the blurry B+W are awesome!
Cehoffman, your Festival set is awesome, and the best one for me are the last two shot, amazing composition and exposure, well done !

+++3! Wonderful set of photographs! #1 & 5 were my favorites.

Love the color and the smooth bokeh with the portrait shot and the B&W stage shot with fireworks in the background was outstanding!

seakayaker

A few from yesterday's Indy 500.

I'm trying to master some traditional manual techniques with my M9, and for the first time used an external finder (35mm), hyperfocal focusing, and manual exposure with the Sunny 16 Rule. I really enjoyed shooting that way. A little difficult with changing light situations, but I'll keep at it.

John

John, thanks for the Indy 500 coverage, some wonderful shots, obviously you had the run of the place!

. . . . . that is a new look for a Izod shirt. Brand name across the chest and both sleeves, I'll be on the lookout next time I'm at Macy's . . . . .

seakayaker

Some "test" shots and pp.

3. M9; 75mm f/2; 1/180s @ f/2; ISO 1250

Cheers, Matt

Kewl test shots, Matt. I tend to shoot things on or around my desk a lot as well. So much so that when Mimi noticed your shots, she actually thought they were mine... she's seen shots so that hurricane bulb blower (well, one like it) before. :D

++2!

The B&W shot is my favorite, lovely bokeh . . . . .

. . . . . perhaps a new thread dedicated to desk objects?

btw, is the 75/2 a new pick up?

Peter Klein

Peter, I have seen a lot of inflatables around Green Lake but most of them are in the water!

. . . . . are you trying to say you were not part of this film crew?

Originally Posted by Peter Klein
"Inflation." I have no idea why...

Inflation by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr
M8 and 50/2 Summitar from 1949. Green Lake walking path, Seattle.
Dan: No, I never saw them before in my life. Really.

Lloyd: Thanks! I think the girl realized that their props were open to some, uh, amusing interpretations. When I spotted them, all I could think of was a certain scene from the movie "Airplane." :ROTFL:

--Peter

seakayaker

Contra Dance @ Warren's Roadhouse ~ NorthWest Folk Life Festival

M9 with the VC Ultron 28mm f1.9

. . . . .

M9 with Leica Summilux 50mm f1.4

. . . . .