The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Steve Fines

If you haven't tried, this is what happens when you drop a roll of Mentos in a 2 liter bottle of pop. Good fun. Not clean fun, but good fun.

m9, noct at 0.95

m_driscoll

Dan: Thanks! :D I've shot that view at all times of the year with different cameras and lenses. Tried a trick pp with this one. Like to see the 24 Elmar version.
Dan: Haven't been over to the Horticulture Center in a while. Nice images. I esp. like the first one. Very subtle Mt. Rainier.
Shiro: That first one's incredible.
Cernak: Very cool! :cool:
Yamasdigital: Thank you, sir. :D
Ashwin: Brilliant set of photos. You could give up your day job! The first two are my favorites.
Don: Very nice image. Tricky.
Ashwin: Thanks, buddy!
Cernak: Also, very cool! Interestingly similar pair of photos.
Cernak: Again, very cool! These three make a great set.
Robert: Good story makes an even better photo. Trusting man.
Shiro: The second photo draws me in. The lack of focus makes it seem quick, stolen, and adds to it's interest.
t_streng: Thank you!
Frank: Those are excellent. I esp. like the tonality and richness of the first photo
David: Thank you, sir. I think that I've done it only 4-5 times (not so big on it, myself). Thought I'd try it here.
David: Nope, isn't like our mall! I've been there. Odd place, well photographed here. The Griffin's an odd sculpture for a shopping center? The Cosmopolitan's a bit boggling and the Mirage's is empty(?). Easy to visualize the Ratpack in that cocktail lounge. Actually seems very lively devoid of people. Cool. +1 to Ashwin's comment.
Steve: Perfect timing and framing. Like the OOF/IF.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Right On The Money C!:thumbs:

My 7 yr old daughter took this of me, and yes its out of focus, but Its a funny story

I set the camera up for her using F4 to give her a lot of DOF and told her to have fun , before I gave her the leica I said out loud

" whats the most important rule?"

before she can respond my 4 yr old pipes up " dont drop it!"
we all had a good laugh , thats me talking to her as the elder snaps the shot ( so quiet I didnt hear it!!)

my rule was actually " make sure your subject is in the centre of the viewfinder" :)

( PS : Not my car!)
love it!!!

Paratom

If you haven't tried, this is what happens when you drop a roll of Mentos in a 2 liter bottle of pop. Good fun. Not clean fun, but good fun.

m9, noct at 0.95
Steve-really fun image. are you serious that this is what happens? I have to check it out.

RF_Licks

Great pics everyone! :thumbs:

Going back a few pages,

Steve, haven't seen you in a while! Where have you been?
Matt, nice shots of the musicians at Pikes Place.
Dan, looks like you're enjoying all your new lenses? Nice shots throughout!
Ash, nice wedding series!
ceh, nice compositions on the past few pages! I like the shot of the woman behind the hanging puppets, nice catch.
David, very nice B&W shots with the 24Lux.
SteveF, cool shot with the 0.95! Good timing!!

----
Some pics as I headed for the border last week,

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

All 28Cron, last 35Lux ASPH

RF_Licks

... and a few from this week

Joe :)

At the visitor center, just before the storm arrived

shot through heavy rain and fog with one hand on the umbrella :cry:

Fells point, Baltimore, MD

Waiting at the airport for my flight home