The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

I thought I'd start this off right... with a shot of my favorite photographic subject. Playing around with lighting ideas tonight.

M8, 90 Elmarit @ f11, ISO 160:

edtan

I thought I'd start this off right... with a shot of my favorite photographic subject. Playing around with lighting ideas tonight.

Nice one Lloyd!
Here's one of my favorites on a recent trip to Tibet. M9 50 Lux Asph.

Lloyd

Nice one Lloyd!
Thank you.

Excellent shot! Nice to see an out of the ordinary travel shot. (And one of a place I've wanted all my life to visit!):salute:

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Nicely done! Excellent lighting and perfect model. :thumbup:

Excellent shot! Nice to see an out of the ordinary travel shot. (And one of a place I've wanted all my life to visit!):salute:
Ed: +1! :thumbup:

Steve: Thanks. I was thinking about heading up to Boston to say hello! One of these times, I will. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

thrice

Amazing fisheye?
3.2mm f/0.08 equiv:

actually shot with the 75 Summicron at f/2.0, 42 image mosaic

Should have taken my 12mm! but I can't shoot with that lens in IR:
12mm f/4.0 equiv:

actually shot with the 35 C-Biogon at f/8.0, 9 image mosaic

Currently re-rendering these in Autopano Giga, as I don't like the distortion photoshop adds in (and the perspective corrected pano's it makes look ridiculous).

Last edited:

thrice

Great shot Lloyd, wonderful warm colours!

Matt, interesting colours on the floor, I like the waiting in line shot :p

CharlesK

Lloyd, love this shot! Classy and elegant

What a great shot! I do like the narrow DOF, that connects you with the monk.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/3.4; ISO 640
M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/6.7; ISO 160

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/45s @ f/8; ISO 80
Matt, very nice shots! Love the 24 Lux :)

m_driscoll

Amazing fisheye?
3.2mm f/0.08 equiv:

actually shot with the 75 Summicron at f/2.0, 42 image mosaic

Should have taken my 12mm! but I can't shoot with that lens in IR:
12mm f/4.0 equiv:

actually shot with the 35 C-Biogon at f/8.0, 9 image mosaic

Currently re-rendering these in Autopano Giga, as I don't like the distortion photoshop adds in (and the perspective corrected pano's it makes look ridiculous).
Daniel: Spectacular! Incredible detail. The color palettes, perspective, and lines work very well. :thumbup: These are shot using a Gigapan Epic Pro?

...Matt, interesting colours on the floor, I like the waiting in line shot :p
Daniel: Thanks. :D My family doesn't wait for me to photograph when we're doing the tourist thing. Standing in a line; they have no choice. :LOL:

A back yard in the old city of Akko (Acre), Israel.
M8, 35/1.4 ASPH v.1
--Peter
Peter: Very homey! Nicely captured with excellent light. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

danlindberg

Without camera (sent to Solms for calibration) I suppose the next best thing is to browse raw files and post something here :)

shtarka1

Mesmerizing Beauty Lloyd & A Great Way To Start The New Thread!

shtarka1

A back yard in the old city of Akko (Acre), Israel.

M8, 35/1.4 ASPH v.1

--Peter
I'll stick with squirrels in my backyard! :D Peter, i remember when i was in Arad at my uncles apartment & waking up early & looking out his front window which was the Desert & seeing Hundreds of Camels! I was 12 years old at the time & i had a kodak instamatic camera. I must have shot 3 or 4 rolls of 36 of all the camels! I'll never forget that & this shot brings it all back!
Great Image!:)