The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is Sandisk Extreme 8 GB HD Video OK for M9

Mitchell

I ordered Extreme IIIs. Amazon sent Extreme HD Videos.

Is this a problem or should I keep them.

Thanks for any help.

Best,

Mitchell

H

Humood

I think that they are all the same product they are just labeled "Video" for marketing only, but their speed matters I hope they are fast enough as the M9 is a bit slow in writing to the card.

Bob Parsons

Unfortunately using very fast cards in the M8/M9 doesn't help much with write times. It's a case of diminishing returns once the card exceeds a certain speed. The limiting factor is then the card interface in the camera. Remember writing DNG plus JPEG files to the card takes much longer than DNG only. I always only write DNGs because of this.

Bob.

iiiNelson

I use Sandisk cards almost exclusively in all my cameras (either the 20MB/s or 30MB/s versions.) I haven't noticed a problem yet with them not being fast enough for the M9. I can't shoot fast enough for it to be a problem anyway though. I have the 4 and 8 GB versions if that matters any.