The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yashica lens on Leica M?

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Anybody know of an adapter that would allow the use of a Yashica screw mount lens on Leica M? I have an old but very good 50 mm f1.4 Yashinon that I'd like to try - just for fun - on the M9. (I know it won't match my Lux ASPH!)

Yashica's screw mount is a bit bigger than than the Leica screw mount (M42? compared to M39? Not sure of those dimensions) but the lens has a longer back focus than the M, so it might be made to work.

Bill

Arjuna

I may well be wrong, but I think that an M42 mount lens would have originally been intended for an SLR, so although you may find an adaptor, there will be no focussing cam for your M9, meaning that you will have to focus by guessing the distance and setting the scale on the lens - which may not be all that much fun.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

TX Arjuna - I realize I won't have RF focussing but a lot of what I would do with the Yashinon would be at (a) infinity or(b) at f8.

It's only for fun!

Bill