The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Charleston SC and Hilton Head

jonoslack

Hi Mike
Well, first of all they are all gorgeous; lovely stuff, I especially like the CV15 shots.
It does seem that you are leaning to the right . . . this may be intentional, just wondered.

helenhill

Absolutely FABULOUS....the colors are DIVINE :clap:
Like Jono LOVE the second shot /cv15
and then the last shot /28 cron

cheers! H

the new one posted is Trippy 'a bit better' ......Extrordinaire....WOOOOhooooo!!

D

Digital Dude

Nice Mike,
I particularly like the first shot of colored homes as it reminds me of Amsterdam, or near Verona, Italy. ~
Regards,

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Mike

There is a lot about these images to love and I do. But the cyan is so overwhelmingly strong I can't wrap my head around it. Am I missing something? Don't mean this as a negative as much as I just don't understand what is going on. The world is just not this much cyan or blue, however you want to interpret it.

All the best

Woody

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys.
Thanks Woody, Its hard for me to explain why I like to post colors like this, it is intentional. Images that speak to me are not worldly (normal)....I like my photographs to be tweaked to give the I just woke up from a dream or out of body feeling...I'm a product of the 70's :) .....I realize that I may have a limited audience though...
I will be trying an documentary assignment next month...that will have to be different, more traditional.

Last edited:

helenhill

I actually LOVE the way Mike Pushes
the Bold, Surreal, Magic of Color in his Photos (B&W too)

its certainly a WORLD I would love to inhabit......
Great Sense of Style & Composition
:clap:
Best-H

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very nice series. Dream-like. I admit to being thrown a bit by the post processing initially. My first impression was that it was a mistake. Bad monitor or something. But after looking at them all together, it makes sense. Kool Aid colors and a pop culture beat.