The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Close to Hart Attach - Drop the M8

S

SAKIIMAGES

Just came from outside the house were I was doing some tests shots with the 28Cron and placed the camera on the drawer in the shed. I went to pick it up and the strap caught on the draw knob and came out of my hand... you can imagine my reaction it all seemed so slow and I let out a large scream which brought everyone out of the house. :shocked:

Well the 28Cron hood broke (lucky for it I say) lens was not damaged but my grip is moving slightly I think it loosened up something when it dropped.

I have had this happen to me on the Canon 1DS as well, which I then purchased a nice wrist/hand grip to carry it around.

Does anyone know whether there is a wrist grip for the M8 available at all. Has anyone come close to a hart attack like me?

I see I spelt attack wrong... I am still in shock!

David K

Workshop Member
Yes, I've dropped gear myself... terrible feeling. You must be in shock, you spelled heart wrong too :) Just teasing here in case English is not your native language. My foreign language skills are pretty poor so I'm not one to judge. In any event, you have my condolences and no, I'm not aware of a hand strap for the M8.

popum

Tim

Luigi makes a wrist strap for the M8. I used one all the time (with a Thumbs-up) on my M8 before I sold it. It was a great combination... good enough to stop using the grip.

Mike

D

Digital Dude

Damn, I feel your pain since I always worry about the “Murphy’s Law” scenario. If you carry, wear or handle anything that has a loop, it will invariably snag on everything! So far, I’ve been fortunate although I try my best not to become too relaxed. My only salvation is remembering how much I paid for this damn thing. In fact, it’s almost reason enough to own something less expensive.:shocked:
Regards,

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I use Luigi's wrist strap all the time now on my M8.
Woody had a really nice wrist strap on his M8. Maybe he will chime in.

woodyspedden

I use Luigi's wrist strap all the time now on my M8.
Woody had a really nice wrist strap on his M8. Maybe he will chime in.
Hi all:

The adapter I use for my M8 is made by Jim Caravuso at www.camdapter,com. It really does a nice job on the M8 but some don't like one so wide. So the other solution I know is simply a rather thin but nice leather strap made by Artisans and Artists at www.artisanandartist.com

Hope this helps

Woody

jonoslack

Nasty fright - my worst moment was with:
M8, Wate, Viewfinder - I was carrying the camera in my hand, the dog was swimming in a pond. Dog rushes out of the pond past me, catches the neck strap around it's head and dashes on, M8 and WATE bouncing on the muddy ground. I managed to make him sit in about 50 feet, with camera around his neck (the shot I never got). The camera was actually encased in wet mud - careful cleaning revealed that nothing was damaged.

They are nasty moments, and I sympathise.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
sakkiimages - hope your heart has calmed down and the M8 is ok

Jono - Glad the dog was alright! :) Nice story and further justification for a second M8 (the shot you never got!)

S

SAKIIMAGES

Team thank you all for your feedback. I think I am much more relaxed now. Camera is ok I played back the moments of dropping it yesterday and I am amazed that I only got away with the Lens Hood breaking. I guess the hard M8 body helps right.

I was thinking of the Artisans strap as I have seen a couple of people in the city with them on M6 and M7's. I have removed the neck strap and put it in the bottom draw. Can not bring myself to put it on again.

I will investigate all the options provided to me here and see how I go. Thanks again.