The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 Black & white

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I can't seem to account for that one leg with foot attached, Irakly. But with so many seemingly happy playmates, what's an extra leg? :eek:

Less provocative, but a little deceiving still. Waiting for the fireworks last night.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Joan. It was a perfect early summer night, cool enough by the river to require a jacket. But we had picked strawberries in the morning and my wife made a thermos of frozen Strawberry Margeritas with them. By the time the fireworks started, I was in no shape to shoot them correctly. All I could manage was stuff like this...

Joan

LOL. I would have loved some of those strawberry margaritas ... And it wouldn't have made any difference as I watched the fireworks on TV. I like that shot though, and I won't tell anyone that it's not B&W. ;)

Daniel

Thanks Joan. It was a perfect early summer night, cool enough by the river to require a jacket. But we had picked strawberries in the morning and my wife made a thermos of frozen Strawberry Margeritas with them. By the time the fireworks started, I was in no shape to shoot them correctly. All I could manage was stuff like this...
flip it upside down and you have a fireworks rendition of Cousin It.

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Here are a couple more B&Ws. Both with the M8 and 35 cron ASPH. One was from yesterday morning and the other is from a holiday on May that I was playing about with.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One of the things i enjoy about the M8 files is how nicely they convert to B&W. Not sure what it is, but they seem to convert better than most files I have worked with, maintaining a very "film-like" quality.

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

One more, from a break in NYC earlier this year. This was taken with the 35 cron ASPH. I am always very pleasantly surprised by what the M8 with these lenses can resolve. When I was bumping the contrast on this you could see the details of the light/coil thingy on the top of the Empire State building clearly at 100% even though the light was less than ideal.

irakly

i shot this in an elevator the other day. strange things one can encounter in elevators...
m8, 1.4/35, visatec litepac