Site Sponsors

Thread: Question for Jack Flesher

Post Thanks / Like

Question for Jack Flesher

or anyone with a better memory than mine...

What's the patented procedure to make your shots start at a number other than 10000001. I just got my M8 back with a repaired shutter, and sure enough, it is numbering everything from the beginning. I want to start this one at 101....1 instead.

scott

edit: for the geeks among us. This was the "shutter fault" error, the shutter did not recock. It works now, repair total time 2 weeks. The
    "unique image id" was unchanged although the image numbering got zeroed. I suppose the unchanged image id means that it was fixed, not replaced.
    Last edited by scott kirkpatrick; 13th June 2008 at 12:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Question for Jack Flesher

Have you tried this?
    http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...mbering_Scheme
    It usually works for me if I hold my nose and close my left eye while standing on my right foot in the dark.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

That works for me, too. So I'm all set. But I thought Jack's solution only had you change an empty directory name on the card. That would be more elegant, and we all know how important elegance is to support our fragile egos when the world is dissing this camera.

scott

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes what a love hate relationship with this camera . Sounds like a marriage. LOL

Frankly people just need to get over it, it has become so boring I hardly read any of the threads about the whining about this or that . Maybe it just has been a long time listening to it. It is what it is and it produces great images . Frankly just that alone is enough for me. I just like seeing images folks take with it.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Scott, here's a GetDPI thread where you can also see how to adjust the continuous file numbering so that it becomes precisely identical with the internal hex shutter count, including the ~100 test shots from the factory.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012

/Steen