The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ergonomics

D

Digital Dude

I just received Tim’s “Thumbs Up” and found it clearly enhances the ergonomics by providing a more natural hand/finger position than with the Leica grip, or with no grip at all. In fact, I find it actually felt better than using it in combination with the grip which is something I didn’t expect. Of course this is subjective since different size hands will ultimately determine its value to any given user. Those with larger hands may still prefer the Leica grip (with or w/o Thumbs Up) as it certainly provides more surface area to hold on to. Likewise, the need for a viewfinder and occasional flash will likely dictate whether it’s worth the trade-off. In my case, it provided immediate benefits and my right hand no longer cramps up while I carefully squeeze the shutter release.
Regards,

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Daniel, today I tried both Model 1 and Model 3 of the "Thumbs Up".
I think maybe I prefer the first model, the shorter one, # 1. Not sure yet.
Which one of them did you choose ?

D

Digital Dude

Daniel, today I tried both Model 1 and Model 3 of the "Thumbs Up".
I think maybe I prefer the first model, the shorter one, # 1. Not sure yet.
Which one of them did you choose ?
My hands are average or perhaps small so I have model-3 since I couldn’t justify two samples to choose from. However, I find the Thumbs Up is more comfortable to shoot without the Leica grip although combined; it really provides very stable handling of the camera. The down side; the stretch of the index finger away from the Leica grip to the shutter release, feels awkward. Still, I wish I had the model-1 to compare.
Regards,

Last edited:
S

Shootist

I really don't like the fact that is covers the hot shoe connection points, otherwise I might of try one. But since changing out the original cover for the CL GripTac cover and the addition of a small spot of GripTac and a cabinet door bumper to the back of the camera, right next to each other, I don't see a need for the Leica grip or the Thumbs Up.
Good luck with it but if you really want to feel the true ergonomics of a M camera you really need to get the GripTac cover.

D

Digital Dude

...if you really want to feel the true ergonomics of a M camera you really need to get the GripTac cover.
Hi Ed,
Actually, I'm already on line with Morgan and I was just thinking of having it done next week. Being so close to the holidays is my only reservation.
Regards,:thumbup: