Site Sponsors

Thread: Ergonomics

Digital Dude

Ergonomics

I just received Tim’s “Thumbs Up” and found it clearly enhances the ergonomics by providing a more natural hand/finger position than with the Leica grip, or with no grip at all. In fact, I find it actually felt better than using it in combination with the grip which is something I didn’t expect. Of course this is subjective since different size hands will ultimately determine its value to any given user. Those with larger hands may still prefer the Leica grip (with or w/o Thumbs Up) as it certainly provides more surface area to hold on to. Likewise, the need for a viewfinder and occasional flash will likely dictate whether it’s worth the trade-off. In my case, it provided immediate benefits and my right hand no longer cramps up while I carefully squeeze the shutter release.
    Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Ergonomics

Daniel, today I tried both Model 1 and Model 3 of the "Thumbs Up".
    I think maybe I prefer the first model, the shorter one, # 1. Not sure yet.
    Which one of them did you choose ?

Digital Dude

Quote Originally Posted by bondo View Post
    Daniel, today I tried both Model 1 and Model 3 of the "Thumbs Up".
    I think maybe I prefer the first model, the shorter one, # 1. Not sure yet.
    Which one of them did you choose ?
    My hands are average or perhaps small so I have model-3 since I couldn’t justify two samples to choose from. However, I find the Thumbs Up is more comfortable to shoot without the Leica grip although combined; it really provides very stable handling of the camera. The down side; the stretch of the index finger away from the Leica grip to the shutter release, feels awkward. Still, I wish I had the model-1 to compare.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Digital Dude; 8th December 2007 at 16:13.

Shootist

I really don't like the fact that is covers the hot shoe connection points, otherwise I might of try one. But since changing out the original cover for the CL GripTac cover and the addition of a small spot of GripTac and a cabinet door bumper to the back of the camera, right next to each other, I don't see a need for the Leica grip or the Thumbs Up.
    Good luck with it but if you really want to feel the true ergonomics of a M camera you really need to get the GripTac cover.

Digital Dude

Red face Re: Ergonomics

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    ...if you really want to feel the true ergonomics of a M camera you really need to get the GripTac cover.
    Hi Ed,
    Actually, I'm already on line with Morgan and I was just thinking of having it done next week. Being so close to the holidays is my only reservation.
    Regards,