The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Postcards from The Secret Spot

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Maine is a large state (by New England standards) with lots of water—lakes, ponds, rivers, etc. And there are some very well known fishing destinations. However, most Maine fisherman worth their salt have at least one "secret spot" that's rarely shared with anyone outside of immediate family and a close circle of friends.

I spent the afternoon and evening yesterday visiting one of my secret spots and thought I'd share a few of these "from-the-canoe" shots with you. Just don't ask me where it is!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
What's kind of fun about this shot (for me anyway) is that I was holding the fly rod (with fish attached) in my right hand, while I adjusted the focus by guessing with my left and then just fired away with my left thumb. Not a large fish, but I feel lucky to have captured even this.