The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Archetypes

Clean crisp image - I like it. The image looks like it could have been from the 1950's if not for the modern style camera bag on the guy's left shoulder.

neelin

nice shot, kind of reminds me of Jacques Tati's Monsieur Hulot's Holiday. The suit looks like the same vintage of the Leica.

robert

Daniel

i like the pipe and his hat. maybe i'll walk about with my camera, a cap like his, and a pipe. i think he looks coo-coo-ka-choo :)

Bébèrt

Jaap, great pict in a Magritte style, ceci n'est pas une pipe and this is not a photographer. Just perfect !!

my small contribution on the Photographer architype:

Daniel

how's this :p

View attachment 5594

went to the the local vintage clothing shop and picked up a clip-on bow tie maybe from the 40s or 50s period. i couldn't find a cap like the gentleman was wearing in jaapv's photo. will keep looking. pipe should be simple to find :)