The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 right camera for me ?

I mostly shoot landscape and architecture, nearly never wide open , f/11 to f/16
I don't need a very wide angle, a 35 mm will be ok

do you think a M9 is the right camera for me ? :)
and which (best) 35 mm ?

danlindberg

For landscapes it is a great tool. For serious architecture it falls short without lens movements. So the answer is twofold - yes and no. The technical quality of the files when used to its maximum with calibrated lenses, tripod, selftimer is very very good. The limitation in my opinion is the lack of lens movements, otherwise it is simply superb.

I am using a TSE 24 II on Canon which the only reason for me to stay with Canon

and which 35 mm do you suggest when is not inconsideration ?

thank you

ramosa

Erick, Lots of folks, including myself, like a RF because of its size and weight and capacity for use for street photography. For these reasons, the Leica is my choice. But, if I were predominately shooting landscapes and architecture, I would also ponder a DSLR, which has some significant strengths (including long exposures and such) for such photography.