The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Website Update

robertwright

...their noctilux does not backfocus!:ROTFL::ROTFL:

what is weird is that they are advertising it as actively available kit? I thought they were down to 100 left?

I quite like the focus simulation. Many people don't understand the principle. But then again, would those people pony up 5K+++?

the website is a lot better than that harlequin romance we had previously...

Daniel

the first campaign, i thought, came across as pretentious; and the current campaign seems to come across as "me too, i'm sharp".

anyway, the first flash page (at Click to Find Out) makes me think of home depot, lowes, best buy, walmart, and target. i like the second flash page (at Check out the M8) because it demonstrates to a visitor who has never tried an RF camera an idea how it focuses. however, the example shot for the longer focal lengths does not demonstrate the sharpness the campaign wants to promote. it's doing the contrary.

finally, the flash files take a long time to load. my download speed is 14mb, and the flash file takes almost a minute to load. the slow loading spoils the experience - good or bad.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Better but slow as a turtle in mud. Yes waiting a minute is way too long for someone like me that has absolutely no patience at all for web stuff.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Not to go too far OT, but aside from an updated web site, is there anything in the wind about new firmware updates or next-gen stuff from Leica? After the big dust up about the upgrade program and the change in leadership, things have gotten pretty quiet.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nothing in the wind as far as I see but Photokinia is just a few months away and maybe something than. Right now it is a waiting game for Leica until Photokinia I would suspect.

charlesphoto

" So sharp, so precise,..... so slow!" Groan, I think this shows Leica's continuing not getting it of the digital age. Sure, one main page opening a bit slow is fine, but multiple pages people give up. And how much money have they spent now on ridiculous flash design? I sure hope they've spent just as much (more actually) on bringing their service depts up to speed.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
For a company selling a "minimalist" approach to photography, you might think that a minimalist approach to their home page, like Google's might be appropriate :)
Perhaps a big "skip this fluff" button would be in order.
Too bad rather than include world-wide service tracking, they removed it entirely or made it not obvious.
-bob