The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M lenses (discontinued), serial numbers, and examples

cam

this query is in regards to older lenses (typically out of production)... how do you find out what year the lens was made? i have three(!) that i am trying to suss out.

also, i'm interested in examples people may have that show the magic and draw of some of these older lenses (both Leica and non-Leica M-mounts) so that i can educate myself. i'm planning on trolling the shops on Beaumarchais and would like to make a little "lust list."

thank you in advance!

cam

LOL! i put this post up out of desperation after not being able to find it on the web. one more search after posting and guess what? i find it... (prettier list here)

i am still very interested in examples from older lenses, if you're willing to share yours.

Last edited:

cam

those are gorgeous, but that lens looks immense! which VF do you use with it?

thank you for humoring me and thank you for the link. my french isn't all that great, but i've gotten very good at anything to do with cameras ;)