The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My X1, all grown up

Photojazz

My filter conversion kit for my X1 came from HK today. I was gonna sell my X1 since getting a M9, but they are really two different animals, and maybe can make running mates.

I picked up a 49mm to 77mm adapter so I could use my standard polarizer/nd filters. I do have a 72 polarizer so I could have went with that, but then couldn't use my vari-nd filter.

For me, when I have this aparatus on, it's all about filters, and why by again. It would not work well for flash scenes, as the AF light would be hindered, but that's ok, I cantake this off and revert back to factory setup in 2 minutes.

I started to put a 77mm rubber hood on there, but I didn't want to scare anyone, haha.

seattlesteve

Thanks for posting; it's always interesting to see how people customize their gear.

I have to agree about the running mates comment. Although the M9 is small, there are some occasions when I prefer to leave it at home and only bring the X1.

Photojazz

For 25 bucks, it's a worthwhile accessory, and it is an accessory, not something I'll leave on all the time. It would be a lot better to put same size filter on it. (49mm), it would actually look pretty cool with a 49mm UV filter mounted full time over it. For me, it's a means to an end, filterization.

Most of the time, the piece will not be on my X1, it's off now. But I will carry with me for use sometimes. I probably would not have ordered it if I already had the M9, but it's not that much money, so why not.

Normally I think it will be sitting under a small compartment flap when I carry X1 and M9 as running mates.

JSRockit

Kind of cool, but I leave my X1 barebones. I like it because it is small... any accessories seem to negate that.