The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New from Voigtlander

thrice

0.5m close focus! The big deal IMO is that it is 16mm shorter than the v1, and 2mm narrower. If it is the equivalent or better I might upgrade.

docrjay; the version 1 has leica-like sharpness @ f/1.2-f/22 so maybe you should hunt one down! :)

docrjay

Thanks Daniel.

Will wait for this one. See if the micro contrast is more to my liking. I agree they are sharp, I saw your samples. It's either this lens or the new Fuji X100 as my 35mm -- plus video to boot.

They are also re-designing the 50 f/1.5 to be a 50 f/1.4.

BTW, I always look forward to your picture postings here. I'am quite a fan. Keep up the good work.

Hmm.. decisions. I've been thinking about the 75 1.8 because I'm REALLY enjoying what my 40 1.4 puts out in relation to it's size.

But if this is an improvement over the old 35 1.2, I may have to reconsider. That lens was quite a stunner.

B

Bigeyes

diameter: 60.8 mm
length: 62.0 mm
filter thread: 52 mm
weight: 471 g
shortest focus distance: 0.5 m

for your reference, the version 1:
diameter: 63 mm
length: 77.8 mm
filter thread: 52 mm
weight: 490 g