Site Sponsors

Thread: S2 accessories

Post Thanks / Like

S2 accessories

Applying the famous German soccer saying that after the match is before the match, I concluded that after the purchase of the S2 is before the purchase of the accessories. Therefore, let's start a thread on the coolest and most useful accessories for the S2. Bag, monopods, straps, l-plates -- the whole lot. If possible, with photo or link to manufacturers.

Having used the camera for a day, I think I will buy some tranquilizing herbal tee instead of espresso to keep my hands still

Georg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: S2 accessories

another one for backup? maybe a M9 suffices.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Since you've already purchased the kit you probably don't need Guy's ski mask The Hasselblad adapter and a RRS L plate are part of my kit. Adapting an existing right angle finder is next on my list.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just got word from my dealer that the most important accessory I need is HERE and on its way to me ...

The 120 macro! WaHoo!

I hope he can get it to me before my studio shoot this Thursday ... he's trying to make it happen.

Other accessories: (some I've posted before)

Hand-strap from www.camdapter.com with Arca type dual lug QR plate that allows use of the hand-strap and a shoulder strap (camera hangs like the old M5).

MH-01 High Capacity Mono-pod head with B2-Pro-II QR clamp from www.reallyrightstuff.com A Monopod makes a big difference with MFD, and this head makes it easy to swiftly go from landscape to portrait and back again.

Retrospective Lens Changer bag 2 or 3 from www.thinktankphoto.com. Great for walk-abouts with 2 or three lenses, fast change ability ... S2 lenses just fit snug ... the only tight one is the 35mm ... which I solved by getting large micro cloths to easily slide in and out while protecting against rubs. In fact I now use micro cloths for everything.

The Leica cable release.

Wish List:

Would love a diagonal split focusing screen with large micro-prism collar.

Elpro for the 120 Macro, and a 1.4X APO extender precisely matched to the 180mm APO ... don't care if it works on other lenses.

-Marc