The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pricing for Leica 50mm 1.4 latest

JSK

I know there still is a shortage but I been getting mixed messages in pricing.

Anyone enlighten me with this info?

Mark Steber

I think the price is still 3695. I guess you can pay "market" pricing but before that, call some of the dealers in various states. I stumbled on one at Schillers in St. Louis a couple of weeks back. There are others out there. If not, put your name on a list at Adorama or BH and tough it out.

Still got to say, was out today with my 35mm Summarit. If you don't have a 35mm, and you can't find that 50 lux, this is a spectacular lens! Absolutely fabulous!

Good luck with your search!

Mark

D

denoir

The difference between actual market price and reseller price differs quite a bit as the lenses are in short supply. The resellers apparently follow Leica price guidelines meaning lower prices but very long waiting periods. The prices you see on ebay are typically more representative of the actual market value of the lens.

It's not quite that simple though as there is variation between countries. I just bought a 50 Lux ASPH off ebay for the same price the lenses are sold by regular camera stores. By US standards it would have been expensive (~$5,000) but that's the regular going price in Sweden (the higher price is mostly due to added taxes).

gogopix

Subscriber
This is right behind the 28/2.0 as my fav lens. I found I was never using the Noctilux! (sold it)

Try Dale labs in FLorida. They sometimes have Leica certified used lenses, and they are virtually new.

regards
Victor