The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focusing the M9

Brian S

These same issues existed with film shooters using super-speed lenses. I've adjusted both of my Canon 7 bodies to work with the 50/0.95. I shimmed the Canon 50/1.5 and Canon 50/1.2 for use iwth a Canon P, required making a custom shim.

If you shoot at F2, likely you will never see these problems. Shoow at F1.5, and you need to be fairly accurate. At F1.2- need to be spot on.

It's just not that hard to do, but really makes a difference with enlargements 11"x14" and up. 100% "Pixel Peeping" is like making a 24"x36" print.

jonoslack

Marc, I once tried the 1.4 mag but found it to be a bit tunnel like view, thats why I stayed with the 1.25
I've tried both - but I simply don't like using them - I'm so used to the field of view of the M9 finder, that changing it is like whacking myself over the head with a brick. I really don't understand how you can swap from one FOV to another just like that. I guess it's just me.

On the other hand, I don't really find focusing much of a problem.