The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

m8 : what is the best bag and SDHC card?

Lloyd

The best bag is (JMHO) the ARTISAN & ARTIST* ACAM-7100 BLACK CAMERA BAG.

Just did a quick look and they are on sale at Popflash.

Sandisk Extreme Class 10 8Gb 30mb/s & Sandisk Extreme Class 10 16Gb 30mb/s is what I have been using. Then latest offering from Sandisk Extreme which are now selling are 45mb/s transfer speed.

Good luck with your decisions.
I agree with Dan. I have this bag and have never had anything better (and I've had many).

As for cards, I use 8MB, since even shooting Raw I can get near 700 images. Don't know why you'd want more on one card. And I'm not worried about processing time with the M8, so about any decent brand will do. I have about 8 or 9 Sandisk cards that work well for me.

jpmac55

Thanks, Dan - based on your reccommendation and others, I recently picked up the A&A 7100. Couldn't be happier.

henningw

Bags are a tricky thing. Being optimistic I'm still looking for the ideal bag while having a large number (don't really know, but it's over 20) around here. Not all for Leicas of course. The Domke 803 I use for a lot more equipment than mentioned, as I don't like bags that are too large.

The best value in cards I've found are Transcend. The class 10 are maybe 5 to 10% faster in practice than the class 6, but if I buy cards right now they're the class 10 as I have other cameras that make better use of the speed, and the price isn't that much. I have never had a failure with a Transcend, but have had a couple each with Lexar and Sandisk.

Henning

S

Studio58

In my search for a new bag I have discovered this forum :). I need a bag for my Leica M8, M9, 24 Elmarit & 35,50,75 Crons. I like the Artisan 7100 but fear it may be slightly too small for my gear. Anyone able to confirm that ? If that is the case the A&A Acam 1000 looks great from what I can see online.

Lloyd

I think AA 7100 is a little small for all that gear. I currently have in mine the following:

M8, CV 15, CV 21, 28 Cron,50 Cron, CV 75, 90 Elmarit. Not sure it would all work with the second body, although a friend of mine carries two bodies and several lenses in his 7100, but he modified it by taking out the padding on the ends. He puts the bodies there so they are padded on the sides and the lens side, but not the back.

Godfrey

I agree with Dan. I have this bag and have never had anything better (and I've had many).
+1 for me on the bag ...

I have the Black Label Bag clone (from Photovillage.com in NY) of the ACAM 7100. Virtually identical, adds a small zippered card and photo wipe pocket on the outside, and fully weather sealed zippers. Since I bought it in May, it's the only bag I've used. It fits the GXR kit beautifully, and fits a Leica M kit the same. It's larger than the Alice L1 and larger than the Domke F5XB, but doesn't feel like it.