The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nantucket

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Lobster Rolls, Fried Clams, Ice Cream - Sounds like summer to me!

Like that first image and the detail in the leaves. Looks like fun, enjoy your vacation.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
David if you are still in nantucket on the 4th get down to Main Street ....they block it off for the 4th and have just endless kid activities. Really a classic americana festival. painted faces,pie eating,dunk tanks ,balloons etc. Roger I see you found Sconset ..always my favorite. Hope you rented a Jeep so that you can go out to the Point. Also the best fishing boat was the Albacore..never missed 5 years in a row. Wish was there !!!! :D

dfarkas

Workshop Member
David if you are still in nantucket on the 4th get down to Main Street ....they block it off for the 4th and have just endless kid activities. Really a classic americana festival. painted faces,pie eating,dunk tanks ,balloons etc. Roger I see you found Sconset ..always my favorite. Hope you rented a Jeep so that you can go out to the Point. Also the best fishing boat was the Albacore..never missed 5 years in a row. Wish was there !!!! :D
Roger,

I just walked back in the door. We actually spent the day at 'Sconset Beach today. We're staying in Tom Nevers which is just down the road. And our hosts have two jeeps! Been riding around with the top down.

We are going in to town for the 4th and then watching the fireworks from Jetties Beach. Should be nice.

I have to go through some more pictures now.

David

helenhill

Whens the next Ferry.... I'll be there

FAB shots...love the Mood of the Night and the Flowers amidst the Fence

Enjoy each Moment :)
Best-H

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Roger,

I just walked back in the door. We actually spent the day at 'Sconset Beach today. We're staying in Tom Nevers which is just down the road. And our hosts have two jeeps! Been riding around with the top down.

We are going in to town for the 4th and then watching the fireworks from Jetties Beach. Should be nice.

I have to go through some more pictures now.

David
heads up on parking..you will not find any on the 4th! you need a designated driver to drop you off . the bus is also OK . if you decide to drive go early ..the grocery store near the dock has a 2 hr limit but that might be enough. :lecture:

Terry

David -
One of my FAVORITE places (even if I did need to ferry back to Hyannis with a broken leg from a bike crash one time :angry:). Enjoy. Keep the shots coming.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Yeah, I like the house one too. It was a 60 second exposure at f/5.6 after sunset, 35 cron ASPH. No HDR. Just one shot, no post.

The last shot below with the seaweed and waves is 3 seconds at f/8 with a 10 stop ND filter. I'm trying to find a spot that works well for this technique of long exposures in daylight. All the good places are blocked off due to erosion. Any suggestions for bluffs, cliffs, boulders, etc. by the water?

Here are some more from today at 'Sconset.

David

ecliffordsmith

David,

There are some really very nice images in this series. The food image makes me hungry, the foliage makes my eyes pop, the sign makes me laugh and the last beach shot makes me dreamy. Shame I a have a busy day ahead!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

B

benkelley

Great pictures! I was on Nantucket last summer and biked all over the place... I enjoyed Sconset quite a bit–I walked pretty far south along and it got pretty darn quiet, empty...

Though I can't recommend any picture taking places, I can recommend a great place to eat–Black Eyed Susan's in the main town. Small, hot, not as expensive as all the other ridiculously expensive restaurants on the island, but really great food. I mean really, really, really great.

If you can make it over to Martha's Vineyard there's of course the cliffs at Gay Head, and when you're heading back, if you go to the cape at all there are a couple of good spots by the sea. I don't know what the story is with the tides now, but up in Dennis, near a restaurant called Gina's, there's a great beach which is long and flat at low tide, and it's very pretty at dusk. There are a couple nice places that I know in Falmouth, too, one called the point. The other is near a fog horn, and it gets very loud over there. If I can find out the name of that place I'll post it in the next few days.

Have a great time on the rest of your vacation, and thanks for the photos!

Ben

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Here are a few from our trip the first week in september 06. Two of our favorite activities are driving a 4 wheeler on the sand and fishing for bluefish. These were primarily taken with my 5D and the 24-105/4L both confiscated by my daughter last christmas! The fish shot is with an old Minolta point and shoot....its the fish that counts . The blue boat shoes are ME.:D

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Sorry about my absence. Too busy out and about to process, pick, and post.

Here are some from the other day at Tom Nevers Beach for sunset.

David

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Just got home late last night. I have a lot of pictures to weed through. Here are some from Town.

David