The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RSS S2 BS2-L Plate

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just received my RRS BS2-L plate....what a wonderful job.

Fits very well and is so small...uses the large threaded connector and has a post to prevent movement. It is one fifth the size of my old Arca Swiss generic plate.

Highly recommended.

Bob

GMB

On what Tripod do you use it? I was about to order the new Arca D4 with the Arca Fliplock, but was warned by the Arca sales rep that RRS plates may not exactly fit into the Arca Fliplock. He suggested, of course, the Arca V or L plate, or, to be fair, to take the D4 with a classic lock.

I had ordered the RRS L plate last night and need now to decide fairly quickly what to do.

David K

Workshop Member
I'm happy with my RRS L plate although I find you need to be a bit more precise when locking it onto the head. My older RRS L plates (Contax, Nikon) had a longer dovetail and were a bit easier to mount. I use the RRS BH-55 head but have moved away from flip locks. Haven't seen the Arca Fliplock but unless it's a double protected lock (like the quick release brackets from RED) it would not be my choice of release mechanism.

JPlomley

Thanks for the update Bob, mine should arrive tomorrow, coincident with the S2. Glad to hear it is well designed.

Stuart Richardson

Is there a non-L plate version?? I hate L plates...I think they take up all that space, and I only would find it useful 1 times in a hundred. I have RRS's Xpan L plate, and have used it once I think...all I ever use is the generic plate.