The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

120 S Macro -- Autofocus not working

GMB

Finally got my 120 S today. It was delivered to the office and I took it home in anticipation of trying it out. Put in on the camera, hit the shutter release to focus and...nothing:(:(:(. Check the camera whether it is on manual focus--it is not. Put on the 70 back on the camera and autofocus works. Put the 120 on again and nothing. I even reset the camera to factory specifications to exclude the possibility that I accidentally set something but that was not the case.

Bottom line autofocus does not work on 120. :mad::mad: So unless someone has a great idea it will go back to the dealer so that he can ask for a new copy. Good thing is that my dealer seems to have good contacts with Leica so hopefully I don't have to wait too long.

Georg

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Georg,

All I can do is empathize ... sorry to hear about that. Hopefully, you can get it exchanged quickly.

Kurt

GMB

Thanks Kurt. My dealer arranged that I would get one from the next production batch, normally next week.

Anyway, not too dramatic. Main reason why I posted yesterday was my disappointment.

Happy shooting.

Georg

David K

Workshop Member
Georg,

Please keep us posted of your progress in getting this resolved with Leica. They seem to have been responsive to customer difficulties in the past... let's hope they continue to do so.

GMB

New version arrived today. Took a few test shots and it seems to work just fine. My dealer had arranged that Leica shipped it directly to me.

David K

Workshop Member
Excellent news Georg... that was a very quick turnaround. Looking forward to seeing some shots with it.