The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone using ND filter with 50mm Summilux wide open?

peterm1

I know some people like to use a ND filter with the Noctilux shooting wide open during the day to get some cool separation effects, and I am wondering if people are doing the same with the Summilux and if so does anyone have any examples to post? Also, what strength ND filter are you using?

Thanks,

Peter

dannh

Yep, and I even use a B+W #103 on my 35/2 sometimes. If you love shooting wide open, these ND filters are a must for daytime shooting. Sometimes ISO 160 and 1/4000 doesn't cut it.

silverlight99

@Ryan
You use it on the 35 Lux (latest vers.?) - me too. But unfortunately the lens hood does not fit then. You have got an idea?

Frank
I just used one for the first time today with the 35 Lux ASPH II, and worked well under the hood. Hadn't used it before, but liked it. I set white balance with a grey card, but still had to make a minor adjustment in Lightroom to reduce the color temperature.