The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Summicron 35mm better metal hood

gooomz

where can i find a better, metal hood that doesn't come off so easy w/ a hole cutout as to not block viewfinder for the 35mm summicron and 28mm elmerit?

thanks for the help

O

Ockie50

At eBay. Look for Hood 12585 H. Excellent Leica original metal hood suitable for 35/2. I have one! Cost me around 125 US dollars. These hood were made in the 1980ties as far as I know.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
eBay is your best choice although the square plastic hoods that snap on are generally very good. Leica 12504 originally for the old 35 1.4 is a great hood . This is the one that they supply with the collectable lenses. You can find inexpensive screw in hoods on eBay that work fine. The big advantage to a snap on hood is that in an accident the threads are protected. The 12504 dents easily .

gooomz

found a bunch of Hood 12585 H. what do the numbers mean #8, #10, #6 etc.?

will these metal hoods snap off the lens easily like the plastic ones?

i guess the lens caps still fits on the metal hood correct?

thanks for the help