The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica/Rangefinder Info Site - La Vida Leica!

Double Negative

Not Available
So I finally have enough content up to mention it here...

Let me preface this by saying that it's not a personal blog (though there's a blog section) and it's not a commercial site or a portfolio. I'd like to think of it as an information site, with reviews, articles, and general news as well as feeds from other related sites. It covers "the M system" be it Leica, Zeiss, Voigtländer, etc.

I'm not sure why, but the name popped into my head last Friday. A quick check with my registrar confirmed that the domain was available and I jumped on it. Set up the virtual host on my web server, put on my CMS of choice and got the framework of the site up, along with customizations over the weekend. I've been writing articles and reviews like a wild man since... And still going. I'm basically dumping my brain in a mostly organized structure for the benefit of all.

I'd love to bring to your attention - and invite a sort of "peer review" if you will of the new site. I'm all ears as to suggestions, criticisms, whatever.

I should note that the image handling isn't quite where I want it to be, so there's no gallery at the moment and the articles/reviews are somewhat "picture scarce" as I don't want to invest the time in a workaround only to replace it later on - but it is something I'm working hard on to resolve. And I plan to illustrate the heck out it.

So without further delay, I'd like y'all to come check out...

La Vida Leica!

Double Negative

Not Available
There were some on and off network issues starting last night into this morning, but it looks like we're back and ready to rock. <fingers crossed>

Sorry 'bout that, gents.

Double Negative

Not Available
If you haven't stopped by in a while, stop by and check it out. Making progress!

We've added a bunch more articles, got the forum just about ready and added a "other sites" index/page to help make finding more Leica/M information easier.

If you have a site yourself, or we missed a good one - let me know.